Running car off gasoline vapor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somehow the link to this video appeared in the sidebar in Youtube and I was intrigued enough to click on it. I regret it now.

This looks like a guy destined for winning darwin award of the year-- a great way to create an explosion or gas fire. What is this guy actually trying to do and why did he tear apart a nice Buick to do it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l508fGfUj4

I was kind of wondering what this was leading up to after he broke off the wrong key in the Jeep. That setup looks like a real Jim Dandy alright. I hope
he has fire insurance.

I did the exact same thing back in 1976, I was 17. A car will run this way just fine but it can be very dangerous and stupid. Once the most volatile compounds are evaporated off, the car will start running lean. Oh and the mpg....not significantly better. BTW, did I say this can be very dangerous? Don't repeat this at home.

Ummm..Si engines operate on vapor. Used to be in the carburetor now it vaporizes in the hot combustion chamber.

My friend believes everything he sees on youtube. He realizes we did not go to the moon, the twin towers were blown up with dynamite, a plane never hit the pentagon. He is a smart guy to.

Originally Posted by Al
My friend believes everything he sees on youtube. He realizes we did not go to the moon, the twin towers were blown up with dynamite, a plane never hit the pentagon. He is a smart guy to.

I have my suspicions on at least one of those topics! Call me crazy, but at least I'm not crazy enough to think that a bucket of gasoline in my engine bay is even remotely a good idea... I'm genuinely at a loss. Why not just put the gas in the gas tank where it's supposed to be, and simply press the gas when you want to go? Too simple?

I wish I had as much time on my hands as some folks do, I'd surely pick up a more constructive hobby than ripping my engine apart (losing thousands of $ in value in the process) and putting a bucket of gas in the engine with some cheap Home Depot plumbing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back