Run Android Apps on your Windows 7 PC, for free

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is great. I have a tool I use for work that only runs on a mobile device. I've been borrowing my wife's iPad when I have to do a lot of work on it.

After I d/l'ed this, and found some different desktops, I have the droid browser and can do this work from a Windows box.

You can find BlueStacks Modding on facebook and look for the files that give you the market place and you can have an environment that you can add apps from the Google Marketplace.

It would be nice if we would "fix" the mobile app so I can use it on things other than the browser on my phone or iPad. The User Agent Hack I previously used has been broken by an update, so I was back to using my phone or iPad.

Now I can use a full sized computer again, making it easier to enter numbers, etc.

thanks java! I'll check that out.

One thing I found with Words with Friends is that the game doesn't update properly. I played one round, and no matter what I do, it won't update. This is alpha software after all....

This software is really going to be great when Windows 8 is releases for the ARM processor family. Purchase a Windows 8 tablet, instal Bluestacks on there, voila, the Android world is now alive & well.

And my guess is it will run w/o many emulation layers as Android runs on ARM already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back