RumbleOn?

Anyone ever use RumbleOn to sell a bike? I guess it is supposed to be like Carvana for motorcycles/atvs, but I've never used Carvana either.

I have an old bike I want to be rid of, but its going to be a beast to sell it privately. The only thing wrong with it is it needs a new starter clutch. The problem with that is changing out the starter clutch is a pretty involved operation on this bike. I have neither the patience nor equipment to do it right, which will be the case with most people. The thing is probably worth a fortune in parts considering the age and the fact that everything but that starter clutch is in pretty good working condition; but again, equipment, time, and space I don't have.

That is the long way of explaining why I'm trying to find out about RumbleOn and get any first hand accounts of dealing with them. They don't even recognize my VIN# on the website, so I would need to contact them to even get started, but I don't even want to go that route if they suck.

Cycletrader.com. A friend has used them to sell several bikes and thinks highly of them. I’ve never heard of rumble on.

Is your bike a secret? Everyone is curious what it is now.
Lol, sorry I was trying to not really make this an ad to sell it. I mentioned it like a year ago on some other thread, but no one seemed interested at the time. If people want to know though. It is a 1983, KZ750N (Spectre).

That starter clutch is buried deep in the engine behind the clutch pack so it is a lot of disassembly just to access it. It has a ton of interchangeable parts for other Kawi streetbikes of that era which would make it desirable for the right person even if they didn't want to fix it.

If the thing simply had a darn kickstarter, I'd probably never sell it.

I intend to keep riding. This part is seriously out of my league to repair though. I would need either an empty garage to tear it apart and lots of time, a bike lift and lots of time, or someone else to do it. The repair would cost more than I paid for the bike to have a shop do it. My plan ruight now is to sell this one and my '87 XT350 and get myself a 650 dual sport to replace them both with; most likely a slightly more modern DR650.

So I got fed up with scammers contacting me on the couple of selling sites I had this bike on, including RumbleOn and tried cashforcars.com. I got a pretty decent offer for the bike when I entered all the details including the mechanical issues. I "accepted" the offer up front. They didn't contact me for a couple of days. I contacted them, the guy tells me the offer was based on it being an "automobile" which was BS since my VIN came up straight through the site as a motorcycle VIN and he tried offering me just over half the amount of the offer I "accepted" on the site.

Ce lest vie, I'm not doing that. I'd rather part it out which I am seriously considering at this point.

So I got fed up with scammers contacting me on the couple of selling sites I had this bike on, including RumbleOn and tried cashforcars.com. I got a pretty decent offer for the bike when I entered all the details including the mechanical issues. I "accepted" the offer up front. They didn't contact me for a couple of days. I contacted them, the guy tells me the offer was based on it being an "automobile" which was BS since my VIN came up straight through the site as a motorcycle VIN and he tried offering me just over half the amount of the offer I "accepted" on the site.

Ce lest vie, I'm not doing that. I'd rather part it out which I am seriously considering at this point.
Might be worth listing your bike on Ebay. You have already identified the issues. Disclose them all, put a lot of pictures, and a high reserve. You might be surprised at the bids you may receive.

I sold my CVO Streetglide on cycletrader this past June. It got over 500 ‘looks’ and sold for my asking price within 2 weeks. The ad was $49 but I got to post 30 pics and a video nationwide. If I ever sell my Superglide I’ll absolutely use Cycletrader again. (y) You also have a choice of a $10 ad with 3 pics and limited description text but I’m glad I opted for the one that showed more pics as well as more info.

Last edited:
I sold my CVO Streetglide on cycletrader this past June. ...
Do you still ride?
What year was the bike?

Sometimes I wonder for myself and my 14 Road King... most likely give it one more year, other times wonder if maybe a spot/tourer like a Concours 14 ... other times wonder if Ill just give it up. "Been there, done that" not sure what else to do with it ... but ... not so sure I can part with it *LOL*

Back