Rumble at 70-75mph only (new tires and several rebalances didn’t fix)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by ABursell
Not sure if you're in the same "Rainville" as me, but I also had an excellent experience with a place called TruLine with balancing a really expensive set of high performance wheels and tires I had on another vehicle. Expensive but worth it.

More recently I had a new set of tires installed on my truck. I had Michelins but decided to go cheaper this time (200k miles on the truck). I went through DT and left specific instructions for how I wanted the tires done. When I got the tires back the lowest had over 3oz of weight, while the others were 5-6+ oz. For highway tires. I'm sure they "balanced" on their machine fine, though when I questioned them they told me nobody can feel .5oz out of balance so they don't balance to 0, and it doesn't matter where the tire is on the wheel- the machine corrects for it. I know there is some truth to this, but I feel like I know a little about tires and wanted them done right. I talked to the manager and had them redone, aligning the red dot on the tire to the valve stem, and balancing to 0 with one of their more experienced techs. Result is that the wheel with the most weight is now 3oz, the others are much less. Feel great up to and over the speed limit. They might have been ok before, and maybe for most people they would have been fine. Whether I'm extra sensitive or just a big PITA, I wanted it done right and I'm not sorry.

Glad you got it fixed and glad you didn't give up. Wonder if you had techs with similar attitude to what I had at first.

Yep same rainville (Bellevue), and same place too, guess I misspelled it but they were awesome

Originally Posted by JEL01

Yep same rainville (Bellevue), and same place too, guess I misspelled it but they were awesome

Whoa, never heard of these people. Good to know! Next alignment I need (possibly doing the inner tie rods on a car this spring), I will go there. I have lived on the eastside for ~10 years and not heard of them before. Check out their incredibly positive Yelp reviews:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/tru-line-bellevue-bellevue-2

(I was just going to Yelp to trash Bellevue Honda, who messed up our car during and airbag recall job).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back