Ruger Wrangler .22LR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by jstert
indeed s.a. revolvers are slower but i find that adds a certain deliberate serenity, and attention to detail and accuracy, as opposed to blasting away with a semiautomatic.

Yep. If you want a bullet hose to match your 10/22 get a semi auto pistol like the SR22. Hit where you aim vs hit near where you aim faster. Good description.
thumbsup2.gif

I havent shot one, though I have watched people shoot them. It would be interesting to compare them to a Heritage Rough Rider 22 Revolver, which I have shot although it was 22MAG I shot.

On an unrelated, related note, this right here is incredibly awesome as well as ridiculous. Its almost 2 feet long!

The specs on Ruger's website says: "Cold hammer-forged barrel results in ultra-precise rifling that provides exceptional accuracy and longevity.".

So is the barrel forded steel, or forged aluminum with a steel rifled liner, or forged aluminum with no steel rifled liner?

Only says the cylinder frame material is aluminum alloy.

https://www.ruger.com/products/wrangler/specSheets/2003.html

Originally Posted by road_rascal
Too bad the Wrangler and anything Heritage Arms is illegal here in MN. The Wrangler looks like fun.

Why are those pistols illegal in MN?

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Originally Posted by road_rascal
Too bad the Wrangler and anything Heritage Arms is illegal here in MN. The Wrangler looks like fun.

Why are those pistols illegal in MN?

They have some law on the books about the melting point of metal aimed at low cost guns to keep poor people from buying guns.

Originally Posted by Blkstanger
I have a Wrangler. I have about 500 rounds through it and I have to say for the money it's a great gun. Mine is very accurate and fun to shoot. The only part of the gun that is a zinc alloy is the grip rails. Nothing that will effect the gun in any way. IMHO it's well worth the money. I paid $189.

It's a nice looking revolver, much nicer looking in overall finish then the Heritage it seems.

Ruger says that the frame is aluminum alloy, but they don't mention anything about any zinc alloy parts.

Still unclear if the barrel is forged steel or aluminum. All Ruger says is that it's "cold forged". Will a magnet stick to the barrel? If the barrel is forged aluminum is it lined with a steel insert?

ZeeOsix yes a magnet sticks to the barrel. It's steel. The revolver has some heft to it. If you didn't know the frame is aluminum you wouldn't be able to tell by the weight.

Originally Posted by Blkstanger
ZeeOsix yes a magnet sticks to the barrel. It's steel. The revolver has some heft to it. If you didn't know the frame is aluminum you wouldn't be able to tell by the weight.

Nice, thanks for checking.

Will a magnet stick to the barrel? If the barrel is forged aluminum is it lined with a steel insert?

Never heard of an all aluminum barrel on a powder propelled firearm. It wouldn't last long. Do you know of any?

Originally Posted by AZjeff
Will a magnet stick to the barrel? If the barrel is forged aluminum is it lined with a steel insert?

Never heard of an all aluminum barrel on a powder propelled firearm. It wouldn't last long. Do you know of any?

I also mentioned a rifled steel liner in an aluminum barrel - which is used. Who knows on a sub $200 gun. There are some pretty strong and tough forged aluminum alloys. Cold forging makes it maybe usable for an application like this - who knows what a gun designer might do on a cheaply priced gun.

Phone call I made before I asked here, the guy I talked to told me it was an aluminum barrel with a steel liner ... obviously he was wrong. So I asked Blkstanger to verify.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back