Ruger 10/22 naysayers..

Status
Not open for further replies.
stchman:

As an aside, I am aware that the term "banana clip", when referencing a high capacity mag is, from a technical standpoint, incorrect. However, that is the proper form of the slang (proper slang? is that any oxymoron? LOL!!!).

I have an SKS clip on my desk FWIW, I DO know the difference
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
stchman:

As an aside, I am aware that the term "banana clip", when referencing a high capacity mag is, from a technical standpoint, incorrect. However, that is the proper form of the slang (proper slang? is that any oxymoron? LOL!!!).

I have an SKS clip on my desk FWIW, I DO know the difference
smile.gif

As do I, the stripper clip loads magazines.

Originally Posted By: stchman
I have a 10/22 and a Savage MK II FSS and the Savage is definitely more accurate/consistent.

That said, the 10/22 with a 25 round banana clipmagazine is an absolute blast. I don't use mine for the accuracy, it is the fun factor, and on that front it delivers
thumbsup2.gif

I corrected your post.

Kind of picky on the terminology, but I've heard clip/magazine used synonymously before. The 25 round mag is fun, though.

Originally Posted By: Silverado12
I have a 10/22 and a Savage MK II FSS and the Savage is definitely more accurate/consistent.

That said, the 10/22 with a 25 round banana clipmagazine is an absolute blast. I don't use mine for the accuracy, it is the fun factor, and on that front it delivers
thumbsup2.gif

I corrected your post.

Kind of picky on the terminology, but I've heard clip/magazine used synonymously before. The 25 round mag is fun, though.

I just like to use correct terms, clip makes people sound like they just watched a Hollywood shoot em up movie.

I have one with a PenTax 4-16X50MM and its pretty [censored] accurate. Has killed dozens of Lapin! When hunting I only use CCI MiniMags 40gr!

Wayne

For being a relatively modular semi auto rimfire it is plenty accurate with good ammo. It can be tuned and made much more accurate by a good smith. I always enjoyed this more than the also popular Marlin model 60. I still love my first 22, a Winchester 69 bolt action the best though. Probably the nostalgia factor.

Originally Posted By: Robenstein
For being a relatively modular semi auto rimfire it is plenty accurate with good ammo. It can be tuned and made much more accurate by a good smith. I always enjoyed this more than the also popular Marlin model 60. I still love my first 22, a Winchester 69 bolt action the best though. Probably the nostalgia factor.

All that is needed to make the 10/22 more accurate than the carbine form is to get a Green Mountain heavy barrel. Of course you'll need a new stock to accommodate that larger diameter barrel. Houge make a good 10/22 stock.

All that is needed to make the 10/22 more accurate than the carbine form is to get a Green Mountain heavy barrel. Of course you'll need a new stock to accommodate that larger diameter barrel. Houge make a good 10/22 stock.

I enjoy my 10/22 for what it is but if accuracy was my top concern I would much rather have a CZ or Savage bolt action than dump money into an auto. To each their own though.

Originally Posted By: cb_13

I enjoy my 10/22 for what it is but if accuracy was my top concern I would much rather have a CZ or Savage bolt action than dump money into an auto. To each their own though.

I have the Ruger 10/22 Tactical with the heavy barrel. It's pretty darn accurate, but I bought a Savage Mark II BV and it is really accurate. THe Savage is a bolt gun though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back