Rubber shortage?

I recently read about a possible summertime shortage. Life is grand with covid destroying the supply chain. I'm thinking about getting some new tires for the van and now this makes me want to do it sooner. maybe General rt43 tires. I've had three different makes on the van and they all lasted around 30,000 miles on average. I could have gone further on them but I like having good tread for the snow. I also like keeping my family safe.
Firestones, the dealer wouldn't stand behind them. Goodyears were badyears. These first two had problems with breaking belts inside. I did change my driving style and slowed down moreover RR tracks and whenever any street damage is seen. Hankooks(I have now) had balance issues that couldn't be overcome, But we're the best of these three. Local shops snapped off lugs and ruined my lugnuts. Then wouldn't make good on this. Maybe Wall mart? for tires.

If you gave me 10 seconds to pick a tire for a vehicle RT43 is probably what I'd say. It's a good tire at a good price but they do get sort of loud as the tread wears down.

How do they have shortage when OEM is halting 30% of their capacity due to chip shortage? and people work from home not commuting to work?

I don't see a huge price spike but a lot of $110 for 4 tires off deal on DTD.

Oh wait, inflation is catching up when the whole world is printing money.

How do they have shortage when OEM is halting 30% of their capacity due to chip shortage? and people work from home not commuting to work?

I don't see a huge price spike but a lot of $110 for 4 tires off deal on DTD.

Oh wait, inflation is catching up when the whole world is printing money.

They probably cancelled orders BECAUSE oem was halting production.

I recently purchased tires and have them stashed in my basement back room. I was looking at tires online to replace my worn tires on my Sante Fe. I noticed the prices creeping up a bit over the last few months so bought them even though I plan on running my current tires through the summer. On the tires I bought they’ve gone up almost $10 apiece since I started looking. And since buying they’re up $3. No reason not to buy early.
I put General RT43’s on my wife’s Legacy in the fall of ‘19. Excellent tire especially in winter. Leaps and bounds better than the factory Goodyear tires it had.
I put Kumho crugen HT51’s on our Forester. Now that’s an excellent tire as well. I actually like it better than the General. So, that’s what I just bought for our awd Sante Fe. Awesome deep tread and fantastic in snow for an all season tire. 70 or 75 thousand warranty too.

Back