RTS vs T6

Status
Not open for further replies.
My local AAP had a jug of old stock CJ-4 RTS next to the T6 on the shelf today when I went in to pick up supplies for my oil change this week. I bought the T6 rather than the older stuff, but am now considering going back for the other to add to my (very small) stash, and want your opinion. I noticed when I picked the two up, the oil in the T6 jug felt a little thicker than the oil in the older jug when sloshed. Maybe a reduced viscosity spread (T6 is thinner when hot) is part of how they made it more shear stable?

Would it be worth going back to pick up the older stuff at $25/gal, or no?

They haven't had the old RTS out for a while, and I only saw one bottle today, so I don't think they have much. Around here, T6 goes for $25 at AAP. It's cheaper ($20) at walmart, but by the time I drive to walmart (20 minute drive) and back, I'd make up the difference in gas, unless I'm buying a lot. I have time to decide though, as it'll probably still be there in a couple of days. It's not exactly a fast mover at my AAP.

Id take the newer stuff. I doubt you can tell a true difference in viscosity.

Id run the older if they cut a deal. Both are good.

T6 is *slightly* thinner than CJ-4 RTS, but not by much.

CJ-4Oils.png

Originally Posted By: D-Roc
Not sure if your engine will know the difference....

Exactly!

I'd go back to get it, but only when convenient, and not making a special trip. And, I'd ask for a discount to take the "older" stock off their hands. Of course, they probably have no idea that the two are different (barely).

Originally Posted By: chubbs1
Originally Posted By: D-Roc
Not sure if your engine will know the difference....

+1 LMAO at that sig, funny stuff. God Bless you soldiers for what you do!

You should meet the guy who said it...spent time in the Army with him. Hasn't changed much in 10 years. Loudest, but quickest mouth (and great guy) I've ever met.
lol.gif

Last edited:
Alright. Sounds like it's not worth worrying about, and according to the chart, what I was noticing is actually backwards. I'll just run the T6 I've got and not worry about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back