RP Max Gear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone running it in their vehicle? How good is this stuff? My local gas station has a steal of a deal ($5!!!!
crazy2.gif
) per quart of RP Max Gear and maybe I might buy a bunch for my trucks.

5 dollars a quart....I would probably buy it. But it would not be my first choice, if it was regularly priced.

I use it in my mom's 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee, and it seems to be working fine.

Go ahead and buy what you can.

Reviews indicate that it is good for differentials, but not ideal for manual transmissions.

It is Great gear oil. Buy it for that price. By the way, Mobil 1 gear oil sells at $20 dollars a quart. So how is RP comedic? It is usually cheaper per quart than Mobil 1 gear oil.

Yeah, gear oil is a little overpriced these days...I just picked up a 5 gallon pail of Chevron 75W90 for about 150 bucks. I thought that was a little much, until I saw Mobil1 for 15.99 per quart!!!
shocked2.gif

Have used it for the past 60,000 mi in the rear of the F250 with a change out 30,000 ago, when opened very very little wear debris and LS still functions flawlessly. Various times has been used as daily driver, horse hauler, hay hauler.

Grab it at that price and don't look back.

Originally Posted By: wgtoys
$5 / quart for MaxGear is a great deal. Stock up!

Are you sure its not a made in China imitation brand for that price??
shocked2.gif
thats a very low price for that stuff.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: lexus114
Are you sure its not a made in China imitation brand for that price??
shocked2.gif
thats a very low price for that stuff.

They are selling it 50% off original price. The bottles have the older label so I guess the gas station is trying to get rid of old stock. Also they have a good deal on RP Maxfilm too.

Last edited:
RP MaxGear is GREAT stuff. Grab every bottle they have at $5. If you don't want it tell me where to go and I will buy it out.

EDIT - never mind. Hawaii is just a tad too far.
LOL.gif

I have run it in tons of trucks and cars and it works great. Every bit as good or better than your other options.

BTW - MaxFilm is another very good product. If you have a boat it works great to lubricate things.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back