RP & M1 filters the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: typ901

No offense, but you are up the thumb, isn't everything 2 hours away?!

yes it is
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: panthermike
That RP filter looks very nice. 14.99 seems high but you get a nice filter.

PepBoys is the only one that stocks it?

The real question is,Does it filter better and longer? Doubt it. 15 bucks for a filter! I wouldn't pay it when a Pure One is about $7.00.

Originally Posted By: tig1

The real question is,Does it filter better and longer? Doubt it. 15 bucks for a filter! I wouldn't pay it when a Pure One is about $7.00.

Why do you doubt it? It may not filter better right out of the gate, but it has a lot of media that is fairly thick and will hold a lot of dirt before plugging. The filter should easily go 10,000 miles on most vehicles.

For short OCI's, a PureONE would still be a better way to go since it gives excellent filtration from the start.

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak
Originally Posted By: tig1

Why do you doubt it? It may not filter better right out of the gate, but it has a lot of media that is fairly thick and will hold a lot of dirt before plugging. The filter should easily go 10,000 miles on most vehicles.

For short OCI's, a PureONE would still be a better way to go since it gives excellent filtration from the start.

Yes it should filter well for 10,000 miles. I 've used M1 and 10,000 is not a problem. On a clean engine like mine they are good for 15,000 with M1 EP.
Also the Pure One will run that long under the same conditions. TME.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Quote:
but you are up the thumb

Took me a bit to figure out what this meant. It does look rather isolated compared to the rest of the state. Backing out from google maps in satellite mode works well.

Yeah...Michigan speak

Someone bought this filter on my Nissan forums. This is the size that fits all Nissans 2000-up. I think it fits the same years for Honda

103_0275.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back