RP HPS 5w30 - 5,300 miles - 2013 Ram 1500 w 5.7L Hemi

This is my second analysis posted on the board here. I bought this truck in February of this year. One owner with 84k on the clock.

Changed the (Chrysler) dealer fill for RP HPS 5w30 based on internet "research" and here are the results. I took it just over 5k.

Blackstone's concern seems to be the possibility of bushing wear, but we won't find out for several months when I change it again.
They advised that it didn't seem to be something to go yanking the engine apart for yet and are looking for lower or consistent wear in the next analysis.

Attachments

• OilReports.pdf
    68.6 KB · Views: 321
You will see a drop in oil pressure from bushing wear, especially at idle, but also at RPM in normal driving. The more severe the wear, the higher the pressure drop will be. Unless you see that, I wouldn't worry about it.

I'm not really blown away by Royal Purple oils. The Moly is an impressive number but the rest of the add pack doesnt really seem too impressive. I'd be interested to see if you changed to a more conventional Pennzoil/ Mobil 1 to see if there is any change in the wear. Probably not much.

I'm not really blown away by Royal Purple oils. The Moly is an impressive number but the rest of the add pack doesnt really seem too impressive. I'd be interested to see if you changed to a more conventional Pennzoil/ Mobil 1 to see if there is any change in the wear. Probably not much.

It's a ZDDP-rich oil meant for abuse.

Did you notice the Zinc content?
Additives wise, a very stout oil.

Back