RP 5W-20, 03 2.4L accord

Status
Not open for further replies.
rpuoa.gif

It has a fujita cold air intake also, with an AEM dryflow filter on it. I took it apart recently to examine the sealing on it, the hose clamps don't seal very tight, there seemed to be grains of sand collecting at seal points.

The silicon levels look fine to me! It doesn't look like that air intake is hurting anything at all, wear numbers look great!

Silicon is up and you're seeing a trace of Chrome and Nickel for the first time, both of which indicate minor dirt ingestion.

The wear in this case is low enough that I wouldn't worry about it, but it would be worthwhile doing a second analysis with this cold air kit installed to monitor.

TS

From my novice eyes, it seems to be an excellent report.

Where are all the Royal Purple haters??? I'm sure they'll chime in soon. No?

I'll be providing Royal Purple UOAs in the next couple of months - 5W30 and 5W20 on three different vehicles. Stay tuned.
smile.gif

Quote:

Silicon is up and you're seeing a trace of Chrome and Nickel for the first time, both of which indicate minor dirt ingestion.

The wear in this case is low enough that I wouldn't worry about it, but it would be worthwhile doing a second analysis with this cold air kit installed to monitor.

TS

I tried to just tighten everything up, and I got a new rubber coupler which seems to seal tighter.

I think this partially because it's just harder to seal a rubber to polished metal point than rubber to plastic like on the stock rubber snorkel.

As a side note, it doesn't seem to be related to the filter, like i mentioned earlier, i found grains of dirt collecting around seal points like they are trying to come in from the outside.

BTW, what parts are CR and NI from? The rings?

The Honda 2.4L is the lowest wearing engine I've seen, including Toyota's. It does not matter what oil you run in this engine, it will always show low wear. Do a search using "Honda and 2.4" or "Accord" and you will see. The report is absolutely fine. I would take TS's advice also. I will be making the switch back to a less expensive oil once my RL supply runs out. I have the same engine.

Reged: 07/30/04
Loc: Texas Re: RP 5W-20, 03 2.4L accord [Re: TooSlick]
#724799 - 09/25/06 12:54 AM Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply

From my novice eyes, it seems to be an excellent report.

Where are all the Royal Purple haters??? I'm sure they'll chime in soon. No?

I'll be providing Royal Purple UOAs in the next couple of months - 5W30 and 5W20 on three different vehicles. Stay tuned.

Patman Level Member
smile.gif

Reged: 11/17/02
Loc: S.Jersey Re: RP 5W-20, 03 2.4L accord [Re: outersquare]
#724851 - 09/25/06 02:33 AM Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply

The Honda 2.4L is the lowest wearing engine I've seen, including Toyota's. It does not matter what oil you run in this engine, it will always show low wear. Do a search using "Honda and 2.4" or "Accord" and you will see. The report is absolutely fine. I would take TS's advice also. I will be making the switch back to a less expensive oil once my RL supply runs out. I have the same engine.

Buster hit the nail on the head. Is there a TBN count that I am not reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back