Royal Purple or Mobil 1 SS ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been searching, but did not find what I was looking for........what advantages would Royal Purple have over Mobil 1 SuperSyn?? Or aren't there really any....

quote:

Originally posted by Alex D:
I have been searching, but did not find what I was looking for........what advantages would Royal Purple have over Mobil 1 SuperSyn?? Or aren't there really any....

Hi,

Royal Purple has been recently thoroughly
discredited by Patman's used oil analysis.

It's basically only slightly better than
gravel at protecting your engine.

crushedcar.gif

thanks

Jae

Royal Purple has a loyal following in alot of circles, the OTR truckers, racing enthusiasts, ect. Trans and rear end oil are also regarded as good oils. This a good reputable company.

Go to the analysis section and you will see that many oils have a problem. It depends on the engine, driver, weather and other variables.

I can show you bad analysis on most brand oils. And I can show you outstanding ones on the same oil.

Mobil I is also a good choice. Available OTC at most chain stores.

A couple of guys at work use Royal Purple and claim that their vehicles run smoother and get better gas milage. I've been tempted to try it out. I use Mobil 1 mainly because its easy to get and I have had decent analysis results with the SS versions.

WHERE IS THAT UOA ??
quote:

Originally posted by J:

quote:

Originally posted by Alex D:

Hi,

Royal Purple has been recently thoroughly
discredited by Patman's used oil analysis.

It's basically only slightly better than
gravel at protecting your engine.

crushedcar.gif

thanks

Jae

Go with M1. M1 SS results have been excellent overall. I've been reading every prior analysis posted on this site. 10w-30 especially. If consumption is an issue, mix some or try Amsoil/Redline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back