Royal purple oil filters have gone downhill?

Never really saw the point of RP. Nothing I saw in your pictures changes my mind. Sorry for the hassle it's caused you and thanks for sharing.

No issues here with stout RP filters and I still recommend them. But, I also don't buy filters from Amazon or Ebay.
RP never made filters. They just contracted out to the filter manufacturers for the filter. And, its not much different than what KN, Ams, M1... do, and you could have your own filter made by the contractors too if you want.

I also never saw the point with 1/2 of what is recommended on this website concerning brands. You use whatever you want or can afford. That is what is great about living in a country with choices.

100% synthetic micro-glass media that catches 99% of particles 25 microns and larger, and 80% of particles 10 microns and larger
High-performance silicone anti-drain back valve that prevents dry starts
Extra heavy-duty rubber base gasket that ensures a leak-free seal

A thick walled steel filter housing for spin-on filters endures higher burst strength than conventional filters

Champion Labs knows how to build decent filters-they've been building Mobil 1 & Luberfiner Imperial XL ones for years. I would think there would be some interest from them on that malformed louver one above, and now they're back with Fram again. Hopefully that's a good thing! RP oil filters have always been a little overpriced, but their Synerlec containing motor & gear oils have always worked fine for me.

Back