Royal Purple oil filter at other stores

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw an item on the web last night, when I was searching for a cross reference on the RP oil filter, that it will be available at other stores besides PepBoys in Nov. 2009. Hopefully the competition will drive the price down for an excellent filter.

Originally Posted By: daman
what stores?????

Article did not name particular stores. I would surmise the usual suspects, ie., Auto Zone, Advance Auto, etc. We'll have to wait til Nov.

I would be surprised if this happened. Not doubting you and it is possible I suppose but it goes against what I was told by RP. PepBoys bought "exclusive rights" to market those filters. I would actually like to see them sold elsewhere as I do agree the price would come down. Until I see them on a shelf not in a PepBoys I will hold off getting too excited about it.

To the OP - if you need any RP filter part #'s I have a catalog. I can cross some filter #'s( it is a small CR section )and I can look up by application back into the 60's.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: NHHEMI
...PepBoys bought "exclusive rights" to market those filters...

I wish they wouldn't done that. I mean what difference would it make to them if another store sold them where there aren't any Pep Boys--which covers vast areas of the country?

Right now, I would have to drive 300 miles to get an RP filter.

Originally Posted By: river_rat
...PepBoys bought "exclusive rights" to market those filters...

I wish they wouldn't done that. I mean what difference would it make to them if another store sold them where there aren't any Pep Boys--which covers vast areas of the country?

Right now, I would have to drive 300 miles to get an RP filter.

same here 1 1/2 hr drive to get one for me.

And if PEP Boys would mail order online...I would order a few to try out. But they just direct you to a local store.
mad.gif

And if PEP Boys would mail order online...I would order a few to try out. But they just direct you to a local store.
mad.gif

I'll just keep using my UPF's and Fleetgaurds

Ya....but the RP one is purple and that's cool.
I want a purple filter!
(Eric Cartman voice) But mooooommmmmm!!!

Ya....but the RP one is purple and that's cool.
I want a purple filter!
(Eric Cartman voice) But mooooommmmmm!!!

lol

Hey Hemi what do you show for a PureOne PL10241 ?

Royal Purple # 10-2835

mad.gif

I have picked up and shipped some RP filters from the local PepBoys for a couuple other members here. I will do it for anyone who wants to try these filters but does not have a local PepBoys.

As of right now the filters are all $14.99( does not matter which you get ). I need to know your application and your shipping zip code for a quote. I do not make anything doing this. I only want enough to buy the filters and ship. If there is some change I return it to you or I try anyway( this last time one guy would not takke his change back ).

I bought enough filters at one time this last trip they took $2 each off for me. If that happens when I get yours then you are refunded that extra. The only thing I ask is that you allow me a little time to make the trip to get them. The store is not local but I am near it 2 times or so a month.

PM me any inquiries about filters.

Royal Purple # 10-2835

thanks man...any bypass specs? the P1 is 18psi i think

Royal Purple # 10-2835

Sorry but the book doesn't have that info. Just look up and a limited cross section. Give Champ Labs a shout. They make them and should be able to give you all that info.

http://www.champlabs.com/technicalsupport.aspx

Royal Purple # 10-2835

Sorry but the book doesn't have that info. Just look up and a limited cross section. Give Champ Labs a shout. They make them and should be able to give you all that info.

sounds good..

Royal Purple # 10-2835

what joke called champ labs and they dont have the information,gave me RP number they cant help either told me to call Champ labs.
LOL.gif

any one know how i could find out the bypass spec on this filter????????

called PB and no go there too geeze...how hard shoould this be

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back