Royal Purple oil filter at other stores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SuperBusa
Originally Posted By: river_rat
Oh here. It was SHAMUS on the PureOne Beta thread:

Originally Posted By: SHAMUS
Just for giggles, Royal Purple gives the following beta ratios for their filter:

B25 = 100 - 99%
B20 = 75 - 98%
B10 = 5 - 80%

Can't get anything out of Mobil 1 or Amsoil (tight lipped!)

Efficiency lookin' good!

Yep ... very good numbers. These gonna be in $10 ~ $12 range?

I hope so...

Originally Posted By: postjeeprcr
...the AC Delco Ultraguard Gold filter for my vehicle.

Off topic, but what's that? I was curious about these filters, too, but couldn't even find acknowlegement of their existance on the Delco site.

Because Rob there hard to find and only a very few PN are available PF-52,PF-47 and i think one or two more,can only get them OTC through your GM dealer by the case(6) or Rock auto has them too.

Here's one that i cut open along side my fleetgaurd's i run,great filters,got two cases on hand i use for extended OCI.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1494444

Thanks, Dan...Well darn I was hoping I could get one as good as the old pre-ecores I used to use. A darn good filter for $3-4 back then.

Thanks, Dan...Well darn I was hoping I could get one as good as the old pre-ecores I used to use. A darn good filter for $3-4 back then.

WM still has some of the old WIX style filters,gota dig through the ecores tho,at least at mine,but yea them AC UPF's are top notch but like $8ish a pice not bad i guess look what EAo's go for and there in the same league.

got any GM's or cars that would take a PF-52? i would send ya one of these free to try for doing our P1 filter testing.
11.gif

Originally Posted By: daman
got any GM's or cars that would take a PF-52? i would send ya one of these free to try for doing our P1 filter testing.
11.gif

Hey thanks for the offer, but I don't anymore, I traded in my Chevy a couple years ago.

Originally Posted By: ZZman
Looks really nice but filtering ability looks the same as a Pure One or Mobil 1/Bosch Premium filter but at a higher price.

Originally Posted By: DragRace
http://blogs.vetteweb.com/6471955/miscel...ters/index.html

This article I found tonight,says they will be available in other automotive stores in November 2009
thumbsup2.gif

I didn't see a particle size with the rated 99% filtering efficiency quoted in the article:

"100% synthetic micro-glass media for superior particle removal with 99% filtration efficiency."

Without a corresponding particle size, the 99% spec is useless. Anyone see the missing data?

The guys of the RP filter looks a lot like the ACDelco Ultragaurd with full synthetic media and wire screen backing.

Their 99% is at 25 microns, 98.7% at 20 microns, and only 80% at 10 microns (PureONE is 100%, 99.9%, and 92.8%, respectivly.)

Last edited:
Looks really nice but filtering ability looks the same as a Pure One or Mobil 1/Bosch Premium filter but at a higher price.

Maybe...but i would say this filter will pull a head of the P1 after many many miles,the RP is a extended use filter 12,000+ the P1 is not,at least i wouldn't...

The PureONE is recommended by Purolator (on their site) for "greater than 15k miles."

The EAO from Amsoil, beats all of those specs, has superior flow and goes longer than 15K miles.
wink.gif

eao_efficiency_500px.jpg

Quote:

AMSOIL Ea Oil Filters (EaO)
Made with premium-grade full synthetic media. Ea Oil Filters feature advanced full synthetic nanofiber technology, making them the highest efficiency filters that are available for the auto/light truck market. AMSOIL EaO Filters are guaranteed for 25,000 miles or one year, whichever comes first...

eao_1_260px.jpg

I haven't seen that published by PureONE, but then again I can't get those filters up here easily so maybe that is why... I will stand corrected if you can show me proof.

As for superior flow I have tested many filters with a modified spin-on oil cooler filter aparatus unit and a test pump hooked up to it to force oil into the filter.

I would charge the filter with oil to bleed out any air and then I would run a time test to see how much oil would flow out of the filter. I would do this 3 times and take an average of how much oil would accumulate versus time.

I tried to control the temperature of the oil as best as possible and was only off by 1-2 degrees Celsius at most.

I did this because my Santa Fe is fussy on lower flowing oil filters and thicker oil.

EAO had superior flow under my non-scientific tests.

On Purolator's web site they have an area called "PRO," for Purolator Response Office; it is simply an easy way to email with questions. I did, and on 06/25/09, Katrina Hull sent me a break down of the PureONE's filtering eff. They are:

5 um - 51.3% / 10 um - 92.8% / 15 um - 99.2% / 20 um - 99.9%

After I printed hard copies for myself, I deleted the email. Feel free to email her yourself to verify. And while you're at it, ask yourself why do Amsoil, Royal Purple, Mobil 1, etc., give you very little of this kind of info, if any at all? As far as your flow "test," I cannot put value into a "kitchen lab test."

Last edited:

WM still has some of the old WIX style filters,gota dig through the ecores tho,at least at mine,but yea them AC UPF's are top notch but like $8ish a pice not bad i guess look what EAo's go for and there in the same league.

11.gif

I'd take one of those off your hands...
wink.gif
lol

On Purolator's web site they have an area called "PRO," for Purolator Response Office; it is simply an easy way to email with questions. I did, and on 06/25/09, Katrina Hull sent me a break down of the PureONE's filtering eff. They are:

After I printed hard copies for myself, I deleted the email. Feel free to email her yourself to verify. And while you're at it, ask yourself why do Amsoil, Royal Purple, Mobil 1, etc., give you very little of this kind of info, if any at all? As far as your flow "test," I cannot put value into a "kitchen lab test."

I can't put value into just some numbers sent from a company without saying how they got them.

Originally Posted By: postjeeprcr

I can't put value into just some numbers sent from a company without saying how they got them.

All big oil filter companies test to ISO or SAE test standards. Probably where they got those numbers - test result data. You can bet it's pretty scientific, and not done in someones garage.
wink.gif

Maybe...but i would say this filter will pull a head of the P1 after many many miles,the RP is a extended use filter 12,000+ the P1 is not,at least i wouldn't...

The PureONE is recommended by Purolator (on their site) for "greater than 15k miles."

Yea i read that,but why isn't it advertised as an extended use filter like M1,EAo? should be,great filter,hard to believe it's that good.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
I would charge the filter with oil to bleed out any air and then I would run a time test to see how much oil would flow out of the filter. I would do this 3 times and take an average of how much oil would accumulate versus time.

I tried to control the temperature of the oil as best as possible and was only off by 1-2 degrees Celsius at most.

I did this because my Santa Fe is fussy on lower flowing oil filters and thicker oil.

Sounds pretty scientific to me. Did you write down the results of the different filters? I'd like to see them to compare filters.

All big oil filter companies test to ISO or SAE test standards. Probably where they got those numbers - test result data...

I agree, but the particle size can be 40 microns where they report efficiency, and they conveniently leave out that 1/2 of the info. That's my beef with M1 and some others.

Sounds pretty scientific to me. Did you write down the results of the different filters? I'd like to see them to compare filters.

H ell that would be good enough for me to decide on a filter, laws of physics don't lie if it's going to flow more it's going to flow more,hot , cold whatever.

I do have them somewhere... I will see if I can find it. I generally keep everything.
27.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back