Royal Purple oil filter at other stores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ZZman
So is the RP filter basically a M1/K&N filter painted Purple?

No....full synthetic media(white)like the Eao,AC UPF,and Fleetgaurd Stratapore .

Here we go;

f415fd96.jpg

Looks really nice but filtering ability looks the same as a Pure One or Mobil 1/Bosch Premium filter but at a higher price.

Looks really nice but filtering ability looks the same as a Pure One or Mobil 1/Bosch Premium filter but at a higher price.

Maybe...but i would say this filter will pull a head of the P1 after many many miles,the RP is a extended use filter 12,000+ the P1 is not,at least i wouldn't...

Originally Posted By: daman

Maybe...but i would say this filter will pull a head of the P1 after many many miles,the RP is a extended use filter 12,000+ the P1 is not,at least i wouldn't...

Why not enjoy the benefits of better filtering from the getgo by using the Pure One and possibly changing it more often? I dont see the logic in using a filter that doesnt trap dirt as well until much later into its lifecycle as it finally loads up.

I think they flow better my self anyway canyou post side by side specs ZZ?? be nice to see.

Originally Posted By: DragRace
http://blogs.vetteweb.com/6471955/miscel...ters/index.html

This article I found tonight,says they will be available in other automotive stores in November 2009
thumbsup2.gif

I didn't see a particle size with the rated 99% filtering efficiency quoted in the article:

"100% synthetic micro-glass media for superior particle removal with 99% filtration efficiency."

Without a corresponding particle size, the 99% spec is useless. Anyone see the missing data?

The guys of the RP filter looks a lot like the ACDelco Ultragaurd with full synthetic media and wire screen backing.

Originally Posted By: SuperBusa

This article I found tonight,says they will be available in other automotive stores in November 2009
thumbsup2.gif

I didn't see a particle size with the rated 99% filtering efficiency quoted in the article:

"100% synthetic micro-glass media for superior particle removal with 99% filtration efficiency."

Without a corresponding particle size, the 99% spec is useless. Anyone see the missing data?

No i was looking also, i would like to know..call RP??? OR champ..

Oh here. It was SHAMUS on the PureOne Beta thread:

Originally Posted By: SHAMUS
Just for giggles, Royal Purple gives the following beta ratios for their filter:

B25 = 100 - 99%
B20 = 75 - 98%
B10 = 5 - 80%

Can't get anything out of Mobil 1 or Amsoil (tight lipped!)

Efficiency lookin' good!

Originally Posted By: river_rat

Just for giggles, Royal Purple gives the following beta ratios for their filter:

B25 = 100 - 99%
B20 = 75 - 98%
B10 = 5 - 80%

Efficiency lookin' good!

Thats the one i was looking for, trying to decide between a RP or the new yellow P1 for my next oil change on the lawn mower,both seem great but once on it'll be there for 3-4 summers takes me that long to rack up 100hrs so i need to be sure on my choice here.
33.gif

i like the P1 because i know it has a 12-18psi bypass but i cant seem to find a number for the RP cross,,i called champ they said call RP call RP they said call champ [censored]!!!! Arrrggg.

thanks Rob does look good
thumbsup2.gif

November 1, I'm crashing the door at Autozone with a purple superman like get-up. Are they here!? Are they are they huh!?

B25 = 100 - 99%
B20 = 75 - 98%
B10 = 5 - 80%

Efficiency lookin' good!

Yep ... very good numbers. These gonna be in $10 ~ $12 range?

November 1, I'm crashing the door at Autozone with a purple superman like get-up. Are they here!? Are they are they huh!?
If the weather isn't bad that day... (shouldn't be) I will take a trip to AZ after work and pick up some to try.

Anxious to see these bad boy filters.
20.gif

Originally Posted By: SuperBusa

thumbsup2.gif

The guys of the RP filter looks a lot like the ACDelco Ultragaurd with full synthetic media and wire screen backing.

The RP filter has more pleats then the AC Delco Ultraguard Gold filter for my vehicle.

Originally Posted By: postjeeprcr
...the AC Delco Ultraguard Gold filter for my vehicle.

Off topic, but what's that? I was curious about these filters, too, but couldn't even find acknowlegement of their existance on the Delco site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back