Royal Purple might not be that expensive after all

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you compare it to STIHL!
shocked2.gif

One 2.6 ounce six pack around here is about $25. That gets you 6 gallons of mixed gasoline at the 50:1 ratio.

But wait! We haven't even bought the gasoline yet!
shocked2.gif

If my math is correct, 1 quart of Royal Purple being 32 ounces; divide that by 2.6 and you get 12.3076 or about 12 gallons of mixed gasoline out of 1 quart of Royal Purple. One quart at O'Reilly auto parts is $12.99. Is that math correct?

$12.99
[Linked Image]

$24.99
[Linked Image]

Amsoil has the saber series which can be run safely at 100:1 ratio. A qt cost like $13 and would make around 24.5 gallons.

I didn't realize RP 2-stroke oil had Synerlec in it-that alone would make it a good choice for a hardworking 2 stroke (like my chainsaws that seem to get really hot when worked hard).

Originally Posted by bullwinkle
I didn't realize RP 2-stroke oil had Synerlec in it-that alone would make it a good choice for a hardworking 2 stroke (like my chainsaws that seem to get really hot when worked hard).

Why does a 2-stroke need EP additives?

Originally Posted by das_peikko
The guys on LawnSite are running the Amsoil Saber oil at 80:1 ratio. They feel it's safer than 100:1

I've been running it at the 100:1 for a few seasons in our Stihl weed eater with no issues whatsoever.

When you compare it to STIHL!
shocked2.gif

One 2.6 ounce six pack around here is about $25. That gets you 6 gallons of mixed gasoline at the 50:1 ratio.

But wait! We haven't even bought the gasoline yet!
shocked2.gif

If my math is correct, 1 quart of Royal Purple being 32 ounces; divide that by 2.6 and you get 12.3076 or about 12 gallons of mixed gasoline out of 1 quart of Royal Purple. One quart at O'Reilly auto parts is $12.99. Is that math correct?

$12.99
[Linked Image]

$24.99
[Linked Image]

Even that's pricey, you can get a gallon of synthetic Lucas or Polaris 2 stroke for $36 on Amazon. That is snowmobile oil, though, and I don't know enough about 2 strokes to know if it'd be suitable for your Sthil.

Originally Posted by littlehulkster
Even that's pricey, you can get a gallon of synthetic Lucas or Polaris 2 stroke for $36 on Amazon. That is snowmobile oil, though, and I don't know enough about 2 strokes to know if it'd be suitable for your Sthil.

That Lucas is a blend; it's not all synthetic.

I run VP racing small engine fuel. Its 93 octane ethanol free, can be purchased at 40 or 50 to 1. My trimmer and blower run awesome. better than. Ca [censored] gas

Originally Posted by littlehulkster

That Lucas is a blend; it's not all synthetic.

We must have been looking at different things, because this is a full synth at $36 a gallon.

I don't know enough about 2 strokes to know if that's a suitable oil for what I assume is a Stihl machine of some sort, but it is cheap and synthetic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back