Royal Purple Facebook Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may ruffle some feathers. On Royal Purple's Facebook page, they posted the same cam lobe picture that was posted on here before comparing Royal Purple to Mobil 1, in a Ford Mustang. The comments were, mixed, but generally pulling for Royal Purple (as you would expect being most are RP fans).

I found some of Royal Purple's comments interesting:

Quote:
Royal Purple Inc. Brannon Schuetts - Be careful about Amsoil. They do make a good product but they are not always up front with their customers.

1.Example: read any of their White Paper studies and scroll to the bottom. The person/s who sign off on the entire test works for Amsoil. So the study is not as independent as they claim if they are paying or running the test.

2.Example: The ASTM D4172 Test (4 ball wear test) is NOT an accepted engine oil test nor indicative of actual field wear performance for engine oils. Per the ASTM 'Significance of Use description", the ASTM declares that there is no correlation between oils of different formulas or to actual field wear data. This test was designed to quickly compare 'batch to batch' quality of the exact same formula of oil during production. Also, why would they increase the operating temperature? The anti-wear package is heat activated, so by increasing the temperature, they are allowing their additives to start working faster than they would in a real world test. This then becomes a Amsoil test versus an ASTM test when you make any changes to their parameters.

Quote:
Royal Purple Inc. David Stiltskin - Royal Purple is in NASCAR, but you will not see our logo on the vehicle. Why? Same reason Joe Gibbs sold his oil to Comp, MONEY. Sponsorship is rough in the $1-$12 million range. We do not have the same means as our competitors who sell/offer other products that generate that kind of money. They sell gasoline that makes them billions, so a few million here and there for them is nothing. We depend on the oil itself and we are used in NHRA and NASCAR but it is not widely shared with the public

Quote:
Royal Purple Inc. Russ Forney - Royal Purple does not depend on ZDP or ZDDP levels the same way our competitors do. Synerlec allows us to carry 400% more load, which means we are keeping a higher percentage of ZDP or ZDDP between the two metal components while under load. Also, ZDP or ZDDP is heat active, so until it becomes active, it is not providing the same level of protection as Royal Purple's Synerlec, which is not heat activiated

Quote:
Royal Purple Inc. Jon Glenn - True, but we were posting something from a customer. We do not have any idea of the driving conditions, fuel, bolt-ons, etc, but there is a difference. We are happy it sparks questions, but in the end, it was not us who did the comparison, we just shared it

Quote:
Royal Purple Inc. Nicholas Dale - and you may never have an issue with Mobil. We are not in any way saying Mobil is a bad product, we are just trying to show that Royal Purple has things that exceed Mobil's abilities. Think of it like a doctor, all docotrs can make you feel better and you will get better, but what if you had a doctor that could get you better faster and easier? Would you pay more for that? Would you be willing to see said docotr? Yeah, who wouldn't. Same goes for us against Mobil. They make a great oil, we just do it a little better and have a few more benefits than they do

So what I take away from this:

1. Amsoil is the antichrist
2. ExxonMobil is Dr. Haas
3. Royal Purple is a 3rd world doctor blessed with the healing power of Jesus

grin.gif

Not my feathers.

Quote:
Royal Purple Inc. Brannon Schuetts - Be careful about Amsoil. They do make a good product but they are not always up front with their customers.

Typical competitor banter. "My oil's better than your oil. Be careful about the other guy, ad nauseum."

Quote:
Also, ZDP or ZDDP is heat active, so until it becomes active, it is not providing the same level of protection as Royal Purple's Synerlec, which is not heat activiated

As do all oils. FM and AW additives for both high and low temps are in every major oil. RP just happens to call their additive package "Synerlec," Lubrication Engineers call theirs "Monolec," etc.

Every major company has an internal name for their various additive packages for various fluids. We used to call ours, "FAME. "Finest Additive Mix Ever."
lol.gif

Last edited:
LOL!!! I agree with you both.

Poor marketing on their part IMO.

Originally Posted By: buster
LOL!!! I agree with you both.

Poor marketing on their part IMO.

True, Amsoil may make fairly good oils, BUT their marketing and testing methods are a joke, that for some odd reason ill educated car and truck owners can't understand.
Mobil also make fairly good oils and their 0/40's are very popular, BUT in general terms Liqui Moly and Castrol dominate the EU field for quality synthetic oils, with Mobil in 3rd, Shell in 4th, Valvoline in 5th and Amsoil not worthy of a place in the German legue of high performance long life synthetics sold to discerning members of the public and dealers, rather than exported. Fuchs dominate the cheaper export and supermarket own labels market.

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
So what I take away from this:

1. Amsoil is the antichrist
2. ExxonMobil is Dr. Haas
3. Royal Purple is a 3rd world doctor blessed with the healing power of Jesus

grin.gif

Bahahahaha. Nice.
That's some funny ummm stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back