Royal Purple 5W30, 6,500 OCI, 2005 Toyota Sequoia

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first UOA post on this forum.

Been running Royal Purple on the Sequoia since about 83k miles (when we bought the car). RP Oil + RP Filter.

This sample was taken about 110k. Nothing too fancy, seems like this was a pretty straightforward report. Thought it might be useful to add to a data set on Royal Purple + Toyotas.

Driving is a pretty even mix of highway and city.

K&N Air Filter since 83k. Blackstone didn't seem to think it was causing any problems.

Welcome any feedback!

2j6329w.jpg

welcome2.gif
to BITOG!

Thank you for sharing the UOA. It looks great but have you considered taking RP (and RP filter) closer to it's claimed 12K mile published guarantee? Or at least 10K? Not questioning your decision for 6K, ive never gone past 5K myself, just wondering.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Clevy
Is this the api stuff or the hps line.

From the looks of this,it's the API version of Royal Purple.

Originally Posted By: wemay
It looks great but have you considered taking RP (and RP filter) closer to it's claimed 12K mile published guarantee? Or at least 10K? Not questioning your decision for 6K, ive never gone past 5K myself, just wondering.

Yes, I've toyed with it, actually I was hoping this UOA would tell me if I could safely take it to 10k or 12k, so I think I will try it.

Originally Posted By: RazorsEdge
Originally Posted By: Clevy
Is this the api stuff or the hps line.

From the looks of this,it's the API version of Royal Purple.

Yes, confirming it's the standard API stuff. I haven't felt the extra cost of the HPS is worth it to me.

Doesn't look like the K&N filter hurt a thing nor was the Royal Purple special. There are cheaper choices that would work as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back