Royal Purple 4.99 at Pep Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it worth it to take a flyer on RP 5W30? I'm currently running Mobil 1 5W30 and to be honest I'm not that happy with it. Engines seems noiser and rougher than last oil change with the M1.

I'm really looking to find some of the German Castrol 0W30 but am having a heck of a time finding it anywhere(hence my other post)

So...any feedback on how RP performs in Toyotas? The stuff at Pep Boys has the SL designation..old stock or is RP not at the SM yet?

Go for it. I don't think its better than Mobil 1 but your car may like it better. Do you have the V-6? They are kinda' hard on oil. Royal Purple has been known to shear down (thin a bit) and that be especially true with Castrol. But in general that shouldn't be a big issue. See if it quiets things down a bit.

No, it is a 1.8L Matrix engine. Buzzy engine to begin with but for some reason it just seems louder and noiser after this last oil change

I've got Rp 10w40 in my 1999 toyota 1.6, running like a beauty, run it for 12000 km so far, did oil analysis, came back very good, very low metals count, gonna run it for another 13000 km, prob make an oil change at 25 000 km, in your language 15 625 miles.
wink.gif

The engine is running a lot quieter, because of the micro-polishing that that Royal Purple does!
cheers.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back