Royal Purple 10-2867 Winter idling + 1000 miles

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Here is a Royal Purple filter that was off of my Mitsubishi that was put on for the Winter storage oil change and has 1000 miles of driving this season so far on it. Was planning to use the filter at the start of this years driving season but had used the Hastings filter last Fall as i had to help a friend out with his Talon doing some engine work and did my oil the same night without wanting to go to Walmart at 2 AM to get a replacement. Needless to say i put this one on and saved my self from an early AM Wally World adventure.
21.gif
Ended up putting Valvoline Maxlife Full Synthetic 10w-30 with a Napa Platinum 41356. Wasn't too impressed with the glue job but i was impressed how well the can held up to my cutter. That was the hardest filter can that ive cut so far. I wanted to try the Platinum to see if the seepage issues were resolved from the previous Wix XP i had on the car

Looks good but the oil did not require changing.
Help is available for this affliction.

I am recovering and - loving it.

Last Subaru OC 10K= miles and engine is running stronger than ever

The pictures are blurry...but...that is a great looking filter.
I love the pleat thickness.
If they cost the same as Fram Ultra I'd consider using them.

Thank you for the cut and post
thumbsup2.gif

Nice to see a RP filter cut open. Some of those louvers don't look like they're fully open/made properly
cry.gif

Baldwin/Hastings is the only company that knows how to make louvers properly. There is never a problem with theirs.

The Wix XP/Napa Platinum has round holes
smile.gif

Originally Posted by gfh77665
Reassemble it and weld it back together, then go another 15,000 miles minimum.

lol.gif

Originally Posted by SteveG4
Originally Posted by gfh77665
Reassemble it and weld it back together, then go another 15,000 miles minimum.

lol.gif

Weld it? Just use duct tape. If you can't fix something w duct tape you ain't using enough duct tape.

Back