Roush Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paint job looks like a Bosch.
whistle.gif

Well, at least it's not a commemorative plastic cup for $5.99 at a racing event.

Lesseehere:

* ROUSH® premium Oil filter (the best they make)
* Fits the same vehicles as Motorcraft part #FL820s
* Hold twice the capacity as the leading brand (Fram?)
* High-efficiency 99.2% contaminants capture rate (not Fram)
* Filter media made from superior cellulose and synthetic blend (Champ or Puro)
* Heavy-duty case designed to withstand 5 times the typical engine operating pressure (hmm...heavy can)
* "No-stick" internally lubricated, low-torque gasket (pre-lubed- Puro)
* Easy to get a tight seal as well as to remove
* Anti-drainback valve keeps oil in canister and prevents against dry starts
* Filter #RF820 (part #404395)

I could be wrong, but that date stamp on the top of the can looks like the same as the Super Techs that I have. So maybe it's a Champ Labs filter?

I was going to say that it reminded me of a SuperTech, but that might insult some Roush fans.
LOL.gif

The real telltale marker would be the base. If it has the traditional one larger inlet hole ..that would be it.

Not that it means anything bad, but this name branding thing is getting a bit old. RP ..with RP having nothing to do with it. Now Roush ..who's next? I'm surprised Al Unser Jr. hasn't been asked for a line of quicklube filters. He promoted Prolong, didn't he?

Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe
I could be wrong, but that date stamp on the top of the can looks like the same as the Super Techs that I have. So maybe it's a Champ Labs filter?

Thats what I was thinking...

It's probably a halfbreed Purolator with a Bosch paint job since they do manufacture many of the Motorcraft filters.

I bought one just to see, so I will (if I can figure out how) post pictures. I won't cut it open because it cost $11 bucks plus shipping, but we'll figure out who made it anyway.

Originally Posted By: BGK
Carroll Shelby brand oil filters are next....

That, or Hendrick(Chevys) and Gibbs(Toyotas)

Ok, it showed up. It looks like a Mobil 1 filter with a Roush sticker on the side. It has the same ZZ marking between the inlet holes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back