Rotella T6 syn 5w40 in Hyundai Di 2.0T?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stick with this oil this time wemay
grin.gif
The Rotella T6 is a great oil and will hold up in your app for sure. Are you enjoying the 2.0T? I thought it was a fun engine in our Optima.

Originally Posted By: panthermike
Stick with this oil this time wemay
grin.gif
The Rotella T6 is a great oil and will hold up in your app for sure. Are you enjoying the 2.0T? I thought it was a fun engine in our Optima.

Will do panthermike. Many, such as yourself, have expressed those same thoughts regarding this Shell synthetic. I appreciate the recommendations. Absolutely enjoying the 2.0T, no doubt.
smile.gif

From SHELL, today:

Thank you for your recent inquiry and supporting Shell products,

In response to your inquiry, although other current late model Hyundai, turbo equipped vehicles, specify SAE 5W-30/5W-40, we do not recommend Shell ROTELLA T6 5W-40 for the Santa Fe Sport 2.0T. Hyundai Motors USA and Shell Oil, recommend either SAE 5W-30 or 10W-30 only. Conversely, you are free to use SAE 10W-30 Shell ROTELLA T5 synthetic blend. Other recommended oils are Quaker State Advanced Durability or Quaker State Ultimate Durability, in 5W30 or 10W30.

ED
SHELL Oil

From HyundaiUSA:

...using a 5W-40 weight oil in the Santa Fe Sport 2.0T could void the factory warranty should any engine or emissions problem occur during the warranty period. Hyundai USA strongly recommends the use of recommended viscosity oils found in your owners manual...

SH*T !!

When finished with this interval, i think i will just use QSUD. The pitfalls and nuances of the "OEM recommendations" just arent worth the effort when looking for a niche oil that caters to your overall driving dynamics, especially where warranty is a concern. QSUD will be the safe bet.

Did you really mean to make the exact same post in 3 different threads???? Or are the 'puter Gremlins out today.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
Did you really mean to make the exact same post in 3 different threads???? Or are the 'puter Gremlins out today.
laugh.gif

No gremlins, just someone who thought they needed to create 3 different threads about disregarding manufacturers recommendations on their brand new vehicle.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: KD0AXS
Originally Posted By: KCJeep
laugh.gif

No gremlins, just someone who thought they needed to create 3 different threads about disregarding manufacturers recommendations on their brand new vehicle.
thumbsup2.gif

yup, i'm guilty. QS from now on, since its even in my manual.

If it makes you feel better, I'm running mostly OW40 in my 13 Santa Fe with 2.0T. I have 18k miles on it so far and the car is running great. I'm also using Purolater Pure oil filters too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back