Rotella T6 getting expensive

Went to my local O'reily auto parts store to get some T6 for an upcoming oil change. Was shocked to find the cost was over $33 for a gallon. Decided to shop around. The best I could find was Walmart but they were expensive too at over $26. I noticed Delo full synthetic is still cheap at around $20 a gallon. What's up with T6?

Went to my local O'reily auto parts store to get some T6 for an upcoming oil change. Was shocked to find the cost was over $33 for a gallon. Decided to shop around. The best I could find was Walmart but they were expensive too at over $26. I noticed Delo full synthetic is still cheap at around $20 a gallon. What's up with T6?
It’s popular - I see Delvac for less here - but only in the 15W30 synthetic - the ESP is even more …

Yes Rotella T6 has been off my buy list for nearly two years now. I bought Delvac full Synthetic last year for $18 minus their rebate so it was cheaper. Much cheaper.

Go with Delvac Extreme 15W-40.

Here's an article pay special attention to the CONCLUSION at the very end:
1671308140274.png

Sounds like a biased conclussion.

I use Farm & Fleet 5w40 FS HDEO in my OPE. It works well. I wouldn’t hesitate to use it in my Cummins but I’ve got 12 gallons of Mystik JT8 to use up in the 15w40 flavor. After that’s done I’ll look for another deal or go with F&F 15w40.

Just my $0.02

Still seeing T6 5W40 at Walmarts all over the midwest for ~$24/gal. That Delo syn they offer cheaper is 15W40 only (it's great oil, amazing cold flow for a 15W), I haven't seen a 5W40 Delo at Walmart for months now.☹️

True, but the specs Chevron has listed for pour point and Cold Crank it very much rivals their 5W40 Delo. Pour points are actually a bit lower on the 15W40 and cold crank numbers are surprisingly close. I thought it was a typo but confirmed with my Chevron tech rep it was correct. I haven't used it or seen any sampling on it though.

Back