Rotella T6 5w40 Availability? Why can I get it locally?

I hear folks from other parts of the USA say that there is plenty T6 5w40 in stock. Why is it that neither Walmart in 80921, or in Durango, CO seems to have any in stock for the past 2 years? This is crazy and my go to oil for my truck, turcocharged gassers, my camping generators, and my motorcycle.

What's going on?

One of the 500 other things you may want to buy but are hard to obtain these days.

Walmart shows it available for next-day delivery to me at $24.73 a gallon and shipping is free. And for whatever reason it is also available at a nearby store but clearly that depends on location.

Menard's has it at the store's.

menards ss - Copy.jpg

Are supply-chain issues really that big of a surprise in today's world???
T6 has been on my WM shelves, and also out of stock, depending on what month I walk down that aisle. I just accept it as the new normal; that a product may or may not be available at a moment's notice.

While it may not be on the shelf, I suspect just about any reasonable chain (WM; any big auto parts chain) could "order" it no problem for you and have it shipped to the store of your choice, held in your name, and ready for pick-up at your convenience.

Looks like Menards has expanded. I thought they were still pretty tight in the midwest. Decent # of stores in the Dakotas, KS, NE, etc.

Amazon - on my doorstep in (3) days for 1-gallon bottle or (2) days for (3) x 1-gallon
Walmart - on the shelf at my local store. Ooops, that was a Columbus OH store (wrong location based on my IP address). Changed it to the store I drive by 2x a day, also on the shelf there.

Walmart can deliver it to your door (zip code 80921) on Saturday. Also says it's on the shelf at the Monument Superstore.

1675294123823.jpg

For some reason motor oil on the shelf at Wal-Mart has not been all that reliable. Not what it use to be. 4 or 5 years ago, I could always go to Walmart and get what ever oil I wanted. Now that is not a given. You can blame the Pandemic for some of it, but I started to notice some of this before the pandemic. It is worse now. ON the plus side Home Depot and Lowes carries a fair amount of popular motor oils. They did not 4 or 5 years ago. At least where I live. I know a lot of this stuff can vary by region.

It was out of stock at my 2 Walmarts for about a year. It seems to be well stocked now but I have not been able to find anything but Marine grease since last winter. Lucky I had a few tubes of Red and Tacky stashed but I am down to my last one.

Probably a few Walmarts between you and there but Woodland Park has it. Hit or miss though. 5 gallon buckets last night, that would last you a while.

I hear folks from other parts of the USA say that there is plenty T6 5w40 in stock. Why is it that neither Walmart in 80921, or in Durango, CO seems to have any in stock for the past 2 years? This is crazy and my go to oil for my truck, turcocharged gassers, my camping generators, and my motorcycle.

What's going on?
Walmart app claims it is in stock.

C6EB8351-E47F-4A77-B100-CA93339FD7C6.jpeg
18DE62A3-BB41-4853-9E1F-78E180FFCB22.png

I’ve found that the supply system in the app is hit or miss, but often it’s wrong both ways. Stuff is stated out of stock but is there…. Sometimes not…. But the one consistent thing I see is the rotella t6 on the shelves. Much moreso than other stuff.

T6 has been hit & miss locally for the last eighteen months, Valvoline Premium Blue Extreme 5w40 has been readily available on the shelf at Meijer so I’ve been using that at about the same price or just a bit less. I have a few T6 in my stash I found last fall for $20 a gallon though.

Back