Rotella T6 5w40 - 2006 GSX-R600 - 4100 Km

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have this exact bike. 16,000 RPM red line. It's the fastest 600 I've ever rode.

Nothing I say has anything to do with picking am oil. But I run M1 4T 10W-40. It shifts great and runs great with it. The only prob I have is by 2000 miles, the transmission gets clunky and the engine is noisier. So, sue me, but I change my oil frequently. I think these bikes can put a beating on the oil. Then, again, I ride it hard, sometimes.

Originally Posted By: sunruh
O M G!!!

yes the bottle must have a pic of a motorcycle on it
ROFL
And the lawnmower oil MUST have a picture of a mower on it.

It does? I'm screwed, been using Rural King 15W40 in lawn mower and Valvoline premium blue 15w40 in my Honda St-1300 now at 102,000 mi, no pictures on the bottles, they will self destruct any time now.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
O M G!!!

ROFL

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: tmus2122
It does? I'm screwed, been using Rural King 15W40 in lawn mower and Valvoline premium blue 15w40 in my Honda St-1300 now at 102,000 mi, no pictures on the bottles, they will self destruct any time now.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
O M G!!!

ROFL

I get the oil for my 14 Harley Road King from Rural King. No stores near me so I have it delivered.
The oil I use is Mystik JT8 15/50 Semi Syn. Claims a diesel oil rating up to CJ4 which is what Harley calls for in my bike. I buy it in 2 gallon containers at less then $20 a gallon delivered to my door.

Mystik is a Citgo company, the same company that makes Harley Davidson oil. I have posted many UOAs in this forum and a VOA. I havent seen a better UOA posted by anyone using another brand oil.

BUT - bottom line, I trust the manufacturer of any engine knows what oil is better for the engine they build and design.
Mystic meets Harley Davidson specifications. Motorcycle oils do not and why I use it. Its not about the cheap price of the Mystik oil for me, its about using the proper oil for the application that the maker of the engine requires and not a product that an oil company is marketing to you.

Last edited:
Not to take this off topic any further, but is there any issue using T6 in a bike calling for 10w-30? I've been led to believe that the 30's shear so quickly in dual purpose crankcases that it makes more sense to go with a 40wt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back