Rotella T5 10w30

I have some Rotella T5 10w30 on hand that does'nt have an S rating.(CK-4 CJ-4 CH-4)
Would it cause harm to use it in Honda GCV 160 engine with an SJ rating?

The oil has a decent add package, I just wanted to make sure my engine is well protected.

I would use up the 10w30, and then switch to the 15w40 HDEO if it were me.
I prefer 15w40, I have been exercising my generators with it every month and
I like it. I happen to have some Mobil Delvac and some Super Tech 15w40
ready to go.

My generator had 5W40 incase I have an ice storm outage. I will change it after the first day, since it may be several years old, then every other day if the outage goes on that long. ''

Rod

I had given it some thought

but since it’s a new engine I don’t want to void the warranty.
Your Honda will be Okay. But if your not comfortable, just run the 10W-30 you have on hand. GCV 160 is a tough engine. Only needs some oil in the sump and it runs like a champion - Okay, I own one :)

Your Honda will be Okay. But if your not comfortable, just run the 10W-30 you have on hand. GCV 160 is a tough engine. Only needs some oil in the sump and it runs like a champion - Okay, I own one :)
I have a couple of more hours break in and then I’ll try the 15w40. I really like that oil
and my 10 hp Subaru and 9 hp BS Vanguard engines seam to like it as well.

I have a couple of more hours break in and then I’ll try the 15w40. I really like that oil
and my 10 hp Subaru and 9 hp BS Vanguard engines seam to like it as well.
I’m running Redline 5W-30 in mine now, then I’ll go back to T4 10w-30 or Delo SDE 15W-40.

Back