Rotella-T 5w40 synthetic OCI

Status
Not open for further replies.
what OCI on 4.0L Jeep would be safe for this oil? I know many say this is not a 10k oil, and I would never go that long. But I was "thinking" about trying some of this oil next OC and was trying to justify the added costs by considering upping the OCI to 6k or even 7500 and use the larger FL1-A sized Ford filter to accomodate the longer OCI as well?

Sample at 5K and see how it's doing.

Being a non-turbo engine and depending on your driving conditions, 10K might be very doable.

10K OCI should be no problem whatever for this oil in a situation where there are no known mechanical problems with the 4.0 motor, IMHO.

Good grief, it is one of the be$t rea$onably priced oils available, used for multiples of that OCI in diesel applications...

Cheers!

Not to mention if you get the new Rotella T6 it is supposedly improved for extended drains. Or so it says on the back of the jug.

How many miles per year? I ran it back to back in my 2.5 for 13 months and about 9k. That was back an evolution or two and THAT RTS took a long time to come to market. We kept getting excuses that they were still using the old bottles since they had such a surplus (yeah, right). It held visc well, but the TAN was pretty high and Terry didn't think it was working as well as it should.

This is old news. You can probably run it a year as a daily driver at just about any mileage. It may or may not produce a BITOG standard clean room UOA depending on how you beat on it..but ...so??
21.gif

Rotella 5/40 would be my first choice oil for the 4.Slow.

Like Bob said, I would first run it to 5k and do a UOA before pushing to the long OCI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back