Rotella T 30 Wt Surprise

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, yesterday, we're at the WalMart in East Freedom, just outside Altoona, PA, and I wandered over to the oil area
whistle.gif
I was looking for some 10-30, for my F-150's next change, but didn't see any (been having a rough time finding any of that stuff around here.
frown.gif
)

I saw/scarfed up a gallon of Rotella T 30, figuring I'll need it for lawnmower changes, etc.. Anyway, when I got home and was unloading everything out of the car, I took a look at the jug - it's marked CF-2/SJ! Wonder how long that's been sitting around??? Not a big deal, 'cause it'll just be going in some mowers, but, wow!!
shocked2.gif

Wouldn't hurt your car for one reasonable OCI either so long as it's an ordinary engine that is normally aspirated and not known to be a sludger... I just wouldn't continue using it on a long-term.

On another note... Someone needs to teach that store FIFO (First In, First Out)
smirk2.gif

cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: RWEST
I took a look at the jug - it's marked CF-2/SJ! Wonder how long that's been sitting around???

According to the new(er) Sopus tech sheet, it could be brand spanking new.

http://www.pzlqs.com/Docs/GPCDOC_local_TDS_TDS_72.pdf

Approvals and Recommendations
Shell Rotella T SAE
10W

• API CF-4, SJ (X's mean "YES" for the above viscs - straight 50 meets SH)
X
X
X
X

Edit:
The 10w-30 apparently comes in two versions. One meets SM ..the other SL (doesn't meet CI4+)

Last edited:
I'll look at the other 2 gallon jugs I have when I get home, and see what they say.
54.gif

Quote:
Edit Reason: there's always more

LOL!!

Originally Posted By: RWEST
I'll look at the other 2 gallon jugs I have when I get home, and see what they say.
54.gif

D'oh!! I checked the other 2 gallons in my stash, and they're marked the same way. I guess that's the current classification for the product...
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back