Rotella T 15W40 8000Km's on 09 6.4 Powerstroke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uumm...whats with the Potassium and Boron?

Would this not indicate a massive coolant leak???

Boron in these amounts isn't an oil additive; and Potassium isn't an oil additive at all!

I think your HG's are gone!

Originally Posted By: addyguy

Boron in these amounts isn't an oil additive; and Potassium isn't an oil additive at all!

It did state that he was using Archoil. Not sure what they use for additives though.

Originally Posted By: Farmer

It did state that he was using Archoil. Not sure what they use for additives though.
They use potassium and boron and they state these will read high on an UOA. See here:

Archoil

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
Hi. Do you know that unless you change the default settings in Photobucket we can see all of your photos, not just this UOA?

Just a friendly FYI.

I know thanks, nothing on Photobuckets but bikes and trucks:)

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
Originally Posted By: Farmer

They use potassium and boron and they state these will read high on an UOA. See here:

Archoil

Yes I put 16 OZ of Archoil in both my Powerstroke and Cummins at the 3000km mark, that's whats raised the Potasium and Boron. I did take a sample before I added it to make sure all things were good.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back