Rotella Synthetic 5w-40 wally world?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just picked up some at Walmart because they switched the regular price to $11.something a gallon. Before, that was always the sale price and the regular price was 15 or 16 bucks a gallon. What kind of pricing do you guys find on Rotella synthetic at Walmart?

Hopefully this stuff will cut my consumption, as it seems pretty bad now; around 1 quart/1500 miles with 5w-30 high mileage. I believe I recall someone here cut there consumption in half with the Rotella compared to 10w-40 GTX high mileage.

Wow, that's a good price for synth; how is the oil? I'm looking for a winter alternative to Delvac 1300; need a thickish oil, but not 15w!

Thanks!
Robert

I saw that price locally also - people are buying that oil more and more -- shelf is getting empty at local Wally World -- thinking of switching my Camry over to it -- is that recommended in the 5S-FE engine - West Texas?

was just at wally world today and took a good look at the 5/40 shell syn oil and did notice that it is a oil made when it was shell/texaco equilon. today it's shell/pennzoil/quaker under the sopus name. I wonder if this is old stock wally world is blowing out cheap and if it is still being made? pennz/quaker is showing up with the sopus address now their containers now being shell owns them now.

quote:

Originally posted by gudmund:
was just at wally world today and took a good look at the 5/40 shell syn oil and did notice that it is a oil made when it was shell/texaco equilon. today it's shell/pennzoil/quaker under the sopus name. I wonder if this is old stock wally world is blowing out cheap and if it is still being made? pennz/quaker is showing up with the sopus address now their containers now being shell owns them now.

I just checked it out, and you are right! Nice catch
smile.gif
Was Equilon dissolved when Chevron Texaco came about or something? I thought they were still around only for lubricant distribution. Shell took over marketing of gasoline in my area from texaco/Equilon because of monopoly issues or something, even though the nearest Chevron station is in freakin New Mexico
confused.gif

After further investigation, Equilon is no more (I knew that
pat.gif
) So the 11 buck a gallon stuff is old stuff. Oh well, good oil, fantastic price. I also found Havoline/Equilon at Big Lots for 59 cents/quart.

I use it in several cars for extended drains. A great deal at $12 a gallon. I will be using Belgium Castrol 5w-40 instead of Rotella in the future. BC carries VW 505 TDI specs and will be great in these 40 weight synth extended drain applications.

I've seen Rotella as high as , oh, 18 bucks I think at Advance Auto. I'd hope it's not the old stuff. Maybe Walmart was tasked to liquidate the Equilon formula, cause it flys off the shelf as fast as it's stocked where I live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back