Rotella Gas Truck

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see Shell has come out with a new Rotella product . Gas Truck Full Synthetic . I realize it's too new to really judge it's performance but does anybody have any insight ?

Originally Posted by PimTac
If you own a truck then it's the oil for you.
If you own a car, you can use it too. Just marketing hype. Testing and approval standards for gas engines don't differentiate between weather the engines in a car or truck.

Originally Posted by NH73
If you own a car, you can use it too. Just marketing hype. Testing and approval standards for gas engines don't differentiate between weather the engines in a car or truck.

But you can't use a wimpy car oil for a big truck??
33.gif

Originally Posted by nomas
I see Shell has come out with a new Rotella product . Gas Truck Full Synthetic . I realize it's too new to really judge it's performance but does anybody have any insight ?

It's still a new product so it's hard to say for sure, but given the analysis we've seen thus far it looks like a pretty typical oil for the new SN+ standard, and it's made by a reputable manufacturer. It should be fine in any application calling for that grade of oil, but don't pay a premium for it. It's perfectly adequate, but it's nothing special, either.

Right on cue SOPUS.... I mean OP.

Hadn't seen a RGT thread in nearly a week.

Originally Posted by Env1ous

33.gif

Show me an oil bottle that is promoted for wimpy cars.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Env1ous

33.gif

Show me an oil bottle that is promoted for wimpy cars.

M1 AFE...because economy cars are its only application
wink.gif

Comes with free lower back tattoo, pink Smith and Wesson M&P Shield, a "Salt Life" sticker and a pack of Camel Crush smokes with proof of purchase.

Originally Posted by 69Torino
Comes with free lower back tattoo, pink Smith and Wesson M&P Shield, a "Salt Life" sticker and a pack of Camel Crush smokes with proof of purchase.

I wasn't aware this promotion was still valid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back