Rotella at Family Dollar

Stopped in a Family Dollar that I rarely go to today and found some Rotella T4 15w 40 qt. size on the oil shelf. I had never seen Shell oil of any type (or any brand of HDEO for that matter) in a Family Dollar in this area. Price rang up $2.60 so I bought all 8 of them. Not a super deal by any means, but still not too bad. All bottles are dated March 2018.

I used to buy Pennzoil YB there when it was the closest store to me. Catch it on sale and with their coupon is was less than Walmart. I've never seen an HDEO there either, but I haven't been in one in quite a while.

There is a DG in my village that was built here last year. Last night was the 1st time I had ever been in it. I went straight to the oil section to see what's up. Castrol Clean oil is $3.45 qt. PEAK is $2.75. And STP is $2.25. I might go clean them out of the STP after I pick up my pain meds tomorrow. I pay for those out of pocket so I need to see where the budget is afterwards before I can SPLURGE! 🙃

There is a DG in my village that was built here last year. Last night was the 1st time I had ever been in it. I went straight to the oil section to see what's up. Castrol Clean oil is $3.45 qt. PEAK is $2.75. And STP is $2.25. I might go clean them out of the STP after I pick up my pain meds tomorrow. I pay for those out of pocket so I need to see where the budget is afterwards before I can SPLURGE! 🙃
The couple of DG'S near me here do not carry any STP oil products from what I have seen, and quit carrying Peak oil products a while back. It is interesting that stores such as this carry products according to the region they are located. STP at $2.25 is a good price.

Wow STP I used to buy that from them a long time ago, well before they were even selling PYB I think. At the time it was made by a relatively small blender named "Sttreet" or something similar. I was a good, bargain, boron heavy oil. About the time I got hooked on it they cleared it out around here.

I've been using STP in my tractor and small engines for a year or so. I'm well satisfied with the oil and filters. I'll have to check at DG, that's a better price than AZ.

Back