Rotella 15w40 250 miles Alvis 12/50 1925 1600 cc

Status
Not open for further replies.
24 months, gentle driving (she’s an old girl), single Solex carburetor, no air or oil filter, all original engine, South Florida sub-tropical.

Comments welcome.

Alvis%2012.50%20UOA%203.30.11.pdf.jpg

For a car that is 86 years old and has no filtration, I would say that is a stellar UOA!

Last edited:
Great automobile.The oil looks good even with a little fuel dilution and I would have no problem with another 250mi on the clock provided the oil gets to temperature while driving.
49.gif

Very cool that you are taking such good care of these classics, but is anyone really buying the idea that the averages/benchmarks have any meaning?

Good choice on the oil - no surprise on the fuel dilution...well, I should say, I am surprised that it's so low! Oil out of the Packard tends to smell a bit like gasoline...

Nice Car!

Cheers

Last edited:
Did anyone notice that the Unit/Location Averages are the same as the Universal Averages?

In other words, his oil is holding up very well in comparison to oil that's been tested from this car in the past.

Originally Posted By: jaj
Did anyone notice that the Unit/Location Averages are the same as the Universal Averages?

In other words, his oil is holding up very well in comparison to oil that's been tested from this car in the past.

I think his last UOA Blackstone mentioned they didn't have averages for this car so they were making one based on him.

Was expecting to see a lot more silicon and fuel in this UOA. Was it common for vehicles around 1925 to have no air cleaner?

When did the automotive oil bath air cleaner come into common use?

Originally Posted By: Texan4Life
For a car that is 86 years old and has no filtration, I would say that is a stellar UOA!

+1

Thanks for feedback!
Only reason I changed oil at low 250 miles was because two years had passed.
Always heard that oil should be changed minimum once per year. Or is that another old wives tale?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back