Rotella 10w-30 Conventional

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright guys, due to some reading and a little of Dave's influence, I am wanting to give this a try, but I can not find it anywhere. Even WM does not have it and won't get it! I can get T5 10w-30 all day long, but don't really wanna spend the money for synthetic blend and don't need it. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks. I know it's a good oil. I keep reading on forums and some on this forum that it helps with the idle a little bit and it's better on cold start ups. I does not get cold here that often, but would like to get all the help I can anyways. Thanks!!

On Edit: Even Amazon says "out of stock"! [censored]?!

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have a Advance Auto near you they can order it if not in stock. This is their part #5073790. They sell it in gallons. I bought some last week on sale at Discount Auto as well but don't know the part number. I use this oil in all my small engines. Good luck

I can get it at AAP, Napa or O'Reilly's but unless it's on sale at those places the T5 at Wally's is cheaper. But they do run it around 12-13 bucks a jug a good bit at those places you just have to plan ahead.

All the Advance Auto Parts have it in stock around here.

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_rotella-t-10w-30-heavy-duty-conventional-motor-oil-(1-gallon)-shell_8120024-p?vehicleIdFromReq=-1&isAllVehicle=true&vehicleIdSearch=-1&searchTerm=5073790&showTitle=

if your want better cold starts the syn blend is probably better, and cheaper too. I think I saw that oil n weight at tractor supply also. peak conventional is bogo at dollar general rite now, $1.80/ qt

Well, a little update. I talked to the WM manager and he acted like ordering it was some ethereal thing that never happens. I went 2 miles down the road and walked into O'Reillys withvery little expectation. They did not have it on the shelf, but the Assistant GM said he would order it for me and meet WM price at $11.57 a gallon!! As he was looking up the part number, he found out he had 8 gallons in the back. I bought them all and called corporate to tell them what a great help he was.

Anyways, after all of that, I changed it today and drove it around a good bit. I am not an "oil fixes all things" kind of guy, but the idle is definitely smoother and more straight-line, if that makes sense. We'll see what happens with the mpg's, if anything. Thanks for your help guys! I'll report back.

Originally Posted By: cowhorse01
Alright guys, due to some reading and a little of Dave's influence, I am wanting to give this a try, but I can not find it anywhere. Even WM does not have it and won't get it! I can get T5 10w-30 all day long, but don't really wanna spend the money for synthetic blend and don't need it. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks. I know it's a good oil. I keep reading on forums and some on this forum that it helps with the idle a little bit and it's better on cold start ups. I does not get cold here that often, but would like to get all the help I can anyways. Thanks!!

Hey Byron you missed out on the sale Napa recently had for the Shell Rotella T5 $15.99 & regular 10w30 $12.99 along with the Valvoline Premium Blue 10w30 $11.99. Here is a link to a place that had free shipping http://www.kellerheartt.com/Shell-Rotella-T-Triple-Protection-10W-30-p/550019920.htm

Cheers
B

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
Any farm stores around? Tractor Supply has it around here, not seen it anywhere else.

Unfortunately, there aren't really any true farm stores in Southern California. I looked for Tractor Supply first and no dice. Central and Northern Cal have them all over, but down here it's all sniveling wienies who get their oil changed at quick lubes. I am just not that guy.

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
Any farm stores around? Tractor Supply has it around here, not seen it anywhere else.

Unfortunately, there aren't really any true farm stores in Southern California. I looked for Tractor Supply first and no dice. Central and Northern Cal have them all over, but down here it's all sniveling wienies who get their oil changed at quick lubes. I am just not that guy.

Maybe find you a Oil Distributor that handles Chevron,Shell,etc ? http://www.mil-specproducts.com/brands/Shell-Lubricants

Cheers
B

Originally Posted By: Boczech

Hey Byron you missed out on the sale Napa recently had for the Shell Rotella T5 $15.99 & regular 10w30 $12.99 along with the Valvoline Premium Blue 10w30 $11.99. Here is a link to a place that had free shipping http://www.kellerheartt.com/Shell-Rotella-T-Triple-Protection-10W-30-p/550019920.htm

Cheers
B

Darn it! That would have been a great deal from Napa. Ah well, next time! Thanks for the heads up though.

Cheers!!

Believe it or not, not only does W/M have a SKU for it, but so do all the major autoparts houses. IOW - they can easily get it, if they know what to order. But since the "thicker is better" mentality prevails at many stores, you don't see it on the shelf often. And since it would have to be ordered, you'd probably pay retail rather than get a deal.

I get mine on sale every once in a while at Mendards; regional hardware-turned-furniture/grocery/greetingcard/barbershop store (OK - I exaggerated a bit ...) haven't paid more than $10/gallon as I recall, but my current stock should last me about 3 more years ...

Here are some of the part numbers for 10w-30 dino Rotella TP in gallons:
AAP # 5073795
W/M # 004214359
O/Rs # 21400560710; T-10-30-1
etc ...

It's sad, but you probably have to tell folks they can get it, and not ask them. If you ask, they only know what they see on the shelf.

Last edited:
My local Shell oil distributer carries T3 10W-30 in gallons and 5 gallon pails. $3.10/qt and they load the pails in the wagon.

Originally Posted By: dnewton3
Believe it or not, not only does W/M have a SKU for it, but so do all the major autoparts houses. IOW - they can easily get it, if they know what to order. But since the "thicker is better" mentality prevails at many stores, you don't see it on the shelf often. And since it would have to be ordered, you'd probably pay retail rather than get a deal.

I get mine on sale every once in a while at Mendards; regional hardware-turned-furniture/grocery/greetingcard/barbershop store (OK - I exaggerated a bit ...) haven't paid more than $10/gallon as I recall, but my current stock should last me about 3 more years ...

Here are some of the part numbers for 10w-30 dino Rotella TP in gallons:
AAP # 5073795
W/M # 004214359
O/Rs # 21400560710; T-10-30-1
etc ...

It's sad, but you probably have to tell folks they can get it, and not ask them. If you ask, they only know what they see on the shelf.

Dave, thanks for the info. I'll keep it in mind next time I go to WM for other stuff. I have another one I can try and the GM there is a little more on top of stuff. I only tried one yesterday.

Two years ago I saw the dino Rotella 10w-30 in stock, complete with the price/SKU tag on the shelf, at AAP in Alamosa, CO. That's the only time I've seen it on the shelf at one of the major auto-parts houses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back