Roger Penske buys IndyCar and IMS

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is awesome!

When I think of Indy car racing, Roger Penske is one of the first names, people, things, faces that pops into my head. Good for him.

Z-

What does this mean for giving the Penske Team an inside track to cheating in the future? Or rules setting to suit themselves and disadvantage other teams? They own all now.

Originally Posted by paoester
What does this mean for giving the Penske Team an inside track to cheating in the future? Or rules setting to suit themselves and disadvantage other teams? They own all now.

It's the Golden Rule
He who has the Gold makes the rule 🤔...³ðŸ¤£

Originally Posted by kstanf150

It's the Golden Rule

Like when Toyota got to design the pushrod engines for NASCAR ?

Originally Posted by 4WD
Originally Posted by kstanf150

It's the Golden Rule

Like when Toyota got to design the pushrod engines for NASCAR ?

I've yet to figure out who at NASCAR thought that was the right thing to do. 🤨🤨

He was a major player in CART forming back in the 70s. Someone asked him this in the press conference and he said an independent party would run the series. Plus Tony George owned a team while being IRL president.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what changes he makes at IMS. He said in press conference he would be open to F1 returning as well as a 24hr endurance race. I would love to see V8 Supercars run there, maybe the same weekend as the IndyCar GP.

Originally Posted by bdcardinal

He was a major player in CART forming back in the 70s. Someone asked him this in the press conference and he said an independent party would run the series. Plus Tony George owned a team while being IRL president.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what changes he makes at IMS. He said in press conference he would be open to F1 returning as well as a 24hr endurance race. I would love to see V8 Supercars run there, maybe the same weekend as the IndyCar GP.

They'll field only EVs and the race will last in 30-45 minutes.
smile.gif

He will be better than Tony George- self made unlike the Georges. He has been successful in most everything he has tried. Indy will be better off

Originally Posted by RoadDukie
I can't see any downside to this transaction. This might even get me interested in open wheel again. Nothing but respect for Mr. Penske.

Totally agree with ya !!!!

Roger Penske has a level of integrity and respect from his competitors that is rare to achieve and with which you are clearly not familiar. He is probably the only one I would trust in this kind of situation.

Besides, when is the last time he was caught and sanctioned for cheating? I've been an Indycar fan my entire life and I can't remember a single time, especially one that appeared to be intentional or directed by RP.

My hope is with Penske tie to Ford is for
Ford with Penske backing is to bring
Ford back to Indy car racing
The 2.7L Ecoboost makes a perfect platform for a Ford entire level engine into Indy Racing !!

A big week for Roger Penske. First he receives the Medal Of Freedom from President Trump. Then a few days later he buys the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, along with the Indy Racing League. Couldn't happen to a nicer, more deserving, well respected guy! This country could use a lot more like him.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by billt460
A big week for Roger Penske. First he receives the Medal Of Freedom from President Trump. Then a few days later he buys the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, along with the Indy Racing League. Couldn't happen to a nicer, more deserving, well respected guy! This country could use a lot more like him.

[Linked Image]

X's 10 !!!!
Amen on that !!!!!

I don't think Penske had any involvement in the subject of the current movie "Ford vs. Ferrari", since Penske stopped drivng in 1965 (age 28) to own a Chevy dealership. It would have been nice to see somebody play him in the movie. I haven't see the movie yet, so maybe he is in there somewhere!
They need to do a movie about Penske's life. Or at least about Penske Racing's edge in https://www.nytimes.com/1994/04/18/...s-opponents-singing-brickyard-blues.html that year.

No exact cost figure has been attached to the deal, because it is between 2 private parties. (Hulman / George and Penske). But insiders are saying Penske paid around $300 MILLION CASH to close the deal. He will take over ownership sometime in January.

Mind is blown! I have never, never, ever, ever remotely thought that this could happen.
Roger Penske is undertaking this kind of a large enterprise at an age well past where other men retire.
It will be interesting to see what he does with IMS and IndyCar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back