Rodent repellant spray

My Tacoma had its harness chewed up by a squirrel the other day. It’s getting replaced. Do those repent sprays work as a preventative? How often should it be done? Which one do you recommend? Thanks.

I had evidence of squirrel activity a year ago including a dead carcass on a heat shield. I use regular ammonia. Spray under the vehicle each day. I haven’t seen any evidence since.

You might want to check this out. I had a friend nearby who had ground squirrels chew the harness on his Tundra and the mechanic who repaired it recommended this product. No problems since he installed it several years ago. Seems to work on other rodents besides pack rats.

Last edited:
You might want to check this out. I had a friend nearby who had ground squirrels chew the harness on his Tundra and the mechanic who repaired it recommended this product. No problems since he installed it several years ago. Seems to work on other rodents besides pack rats.

Thanks man I booked marked it.

if you can stand the smell ...use ammonia or Clorox ..had the same problem with my vehicles they didn't quite get to the wires but when I sprayed Clorox around the car/ truck never a sign of them again

I wouldn't use anything nasty like bleach and even ammonia is hard on plastics.

Find a juice called "Rodent Defense" check the usual ripoffs on line, Amazon and the like. Stuff works, not overly noxious. Ask me how I know, I have a Tacoma and had a dined upon WRX.

I wouldn't use anything nasty like bleach and even ammonia is hard on plastics.

Find a juice called "Rodent Defense" check the usual ripoffs on line, Amazon and the like. Stuff works, not overly noxious. Ask me how I know, I have a Tacoma and had a dined upon WRX.

I don’t spray the ammonia on the car. That would be foolish. My driveway is asphalt so I spray it on that underneath the car. Also, spraying a rag with it is another idea. Leave the rag under the car.

There are lots of things used for rodents. The main deterrent is something that have a irritating smell which affects the rodents sense of smell and thus their ability to track down things to eat and chew on.

I used coffee grounds after they chewed up my injector harness and various plastic parts. I can't say that's what did it, but I didn't have anymore chewing.

I have taken up a new sport - squirrel hunting with a pellet rifle.

We had the same issue with mice under the hood of both BMWs. In addition to thinning the herd with traps in our detached garage we put peppermint oil under the engine covers. I was worried the smell would get inside the car but it didn't. So far so good.

Here is what I am trying at the moment:

Other than than, I generally spray a few times a year some kind of repellant around my yard. From my experience, and what I have been told even by animal control, no real way to rid of pests other than physical removal or get another animal to combat them.... No real good answer

Back