Rode in a H2 today...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today, I was given a ride home by a friend/classmate in her 05 H2. This is the second time I've ridden in a Hummer, btw, as the first was at GM's "AutoShow in Motion" two years ago.

The appeared to have remained very "tight," with no squeaks/rattles. However, the interior (and exterior) quality was lacking. I expected much better materials for a car of its cost. The outside of the truck had lots of plastic...

Needless to say, I wasn't impressed with the Hummer, let alone spending $75K on one. Not to mention the 10-12MPG average.
shocked.gif

At least she didn't give you a ride on her Schwinn -- although on second thought, that may have been more fun.
tongue.gif

An H2 is what? a stretched tahoe frame with a clunky body on it... no diesel... off road prowess... maybe half of the original?

showoff and nothing more. Im not impressed that your classmate chose that vehicle when spending $75k or whatever.

JMH

quote:

Originally posted by JHZR2:
An H2 is what? a stretched tahoe frame with a clunky body on it... no diesel... off road prowess... maybe half of the original?

JMH

Think of it as a Tahoe that's still in the box it came in.

I saw a disgusting H2 today. It was lifted at least 10", had big fat wheels and off-road tires on it, and was sparkling shiny - like 90 percent of the lifted trucks around here, will never see a trail.

They just serve to be a symbol of suburbanite stupidity and wastefulness.

Their drivers tend to be a-holes as well. They're the ones barreling down the road at 90mph and weaving around traffic. God help you if you're caught with one behind you.

When I get one of those behind me acting like a tard I just have the urge to practice my, "can I keep it under 25mph" game. They hate it but it gives me limitless entertainment.

quote:

Originally posted by TallPaul:
She is a student and can afford a $75,000 vehicle? Must have won the lottery.

Naa, probably like most of the youth today. Credit limits and bills out the wazoo and not a dime in the bank.
lol.gif

my fiancee got into a weird situation yesterday regarding a pimped out SUV... she was driving in town, in our town, right by the park, which is triangle-shaped and right in the center... so there are streets along each side that people use to get from one side of town to the other.

The street has stop signs, houses on one side, etc. The speed limit is 25, and since people were out, she was doing 25. A big, pimped out SUV was on her tail, really close, essentially trying to push her to drive faster than 25.

Futher down, the road gets an extra lane for a left turn. The SUV pulled up next to her and the guy roled down his window (hers were already down).

he: "are you lost"
she: "nope"
he: "are you sure?"
she: "yes Im sure, I live here"
he: "well you were driving so slow back there"
she: "well I live here, this is my town, the limit is posted and it is next to a park with kids playing - there is no reason to exceed the limit of 25, which was thespeed I was going at"
he: "are you on drugs?"
she: "what?!? no!"
she: "excuse me? Am I on drugs? Why because I live here and arent going to race down the street to the next stopsign when the limit is 25? _____ ___" (and rolled her window up).

It was pretty funny to hear this story, man oh man, people are idiots.

JMH

[ July 23, 2006, 02:03 PM: Message edited by: JHZR2 ]

quote:

Originally posted by Jeepster_nut:

quote:

Originally posted by TallPaul:
She is a student and can afford a $75,000 vehicle? Must have won the lottery.

Naa, probably like most of the youth today. Credit limits and bills out the wazoo and not a dime in the bank.
lol.gif

quote:

showoff and nothing more. Im not impressed that your classmate chose that vehicle when spending $75k or whatever.

JMH

Well, I try not to badmouth my friends behind their backs, especially girls.
wink.gif
But for the record, all of my friends drive their family's vehicles; they did not purchase their own cars.

Although the H2 isn't her daily driver, her daily driver isn't much smaller, either. It's funny how small people drive huge cars!
shocked.gif

that seems to be the "new" way kids seems to try and dis on folks. its retarded.

you can usually tell by the "smirk" on their face.

My response to, "Excuse me, are you lost?"

is usually, "No sir, but you must be retarded."

Oh yeah,.. the H2.. Its acutally not bad offroad. But that comes from its locker, tires, and girth, more than its articulation.

quote:

Originally posted by The Critic:
Today, I was given a ride home by a friend/classmate in her 05 H2. This is the second time I've ridden in a Hummer, btw, as the first was at GM's "AutoShow in Motion" two years ago.

The appeared to have remained very "tight," with no squeaks/rattles. However, the interior (and exterior) quality was lacking. I expected much better materials for a car of its cost. The outside of the truck had lots of plastic...

Needless to say, I wasn't impressed with the Hummer, let alone spending $75K on one. Not to mention the 10-12MPG average.
shocked.gif

Those have got to be one of the most stupidest utilities GM every came out with.

quote:

Originally posted by Pook:
that seems to be the "new" way kids seems to try and dis on folks. its retarded.

That isn't true with all kids. In fact, of those teenagers who have cars, most of them drive their family's vehicles. This was the case here, as my friend's family happened to own a Hummer and she was driving it for the day. Same with the other cars she drives.

quote:

Originally posted by Pook:

you can usually tell by the "smirk" on their face.

My response to, "Excuse me, are you lost?"

is usually, "No sir, but you must be retarded."

Oh yeah,.. the H2.. Its acutally not bad offroad. But that comes from its locker, tires, and girth, more than its articulation.

I would hope so for that kinda money!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2316222768844124610&q=hummer

Not to be a Hummer apologist, but H2's don't cost $75k. The H2 starts at $52k and tops at $58k. I've heard they have a pretty decent off road capability oweing to their good approach/departure angles.

The H3 is more than most folks will ever need/use...and cheaper. It ranges from $29-32k.

Well, I guess I was wrong on the cost. But I know that her's was certainly more than $60K, as it had many aftermarket accessories.

quote:

he: "are you lost"
she: "nope"
she: "yes Im sure, I live here"
he: "well you were driving so slow back there"
she: "well I live here, this is my town, the limit is posted and it is next to a park with kids playing - there is no reason to exceed the limit of 25, which was thespeed I was going at"
he: "are you on drugs?"

Sounds like he was trying to hit on her, then got annoyed when he realized he had no chance!

When some idiot is tailing me, I just try to get them past me somehow. I take no pleasure in traffic. Unfortunately, America is getting so crowded that there are few places left to actually wind out a nice sports car, so I'm taking less and less pleasure out of driving, and instead try to just not be aggrevated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back