Robbing my cursor -is something afoot, Holmes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Among a few recent issues that I'm having with my laptop ... I'm getting my cursor robbed from whatever field it's residing in. That is, typing along ..pause jeeeest a little too long at the wrong time..and "poof" ..you need to grab the mouse and put your cursor back in the field
dunno.gif

confused.gif

The most recent install was MS Defender. I can't figure why it would rob my cursor.

I have visions of my keystrokes being recorded and pinged to some remote server building the state's case against me
grin.gif

Any ideas?

Remove MS Rear-Ender.

Install the 15 day full trial version of CounterSpy from Sunbelt Software. Update, and perform a full and complete scan in safe mode, try with and updated AdAware and Spybot as well. If nothing found, remove software, try full trial version of WebRoot spyware (if available).

I had a laptop at work with a touchpad style mouse. I wasn't touching the mouse but putting the weight of my wrists on the case under the keyboard... a natural position. Something was freaking out the mouse controller.

Try turning your internal mouse off, getting a USB mouse from, say, big lots... cheap...

I won't even use the touch pad on my Dell Laptop. It's been sketchy since day 1, jumpy as heck, curser would disappear. I have a cheapo microsoft opitcal mouse that works awesome. I even taped up a custom mousepad next to the touch pad so I could use a real mouse while away from my desk. It looks so ghetto but works great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back