Robbie's 1987 Honda Hurricane CBR600 is ready for another season

Robbie's bike is ready for another season.
🙂
1987 Honda Hurricane CBR 600. Robbie passed away in 1991 and his father has kept the bike all these years. He's my neighbor and 5-6 years ago asked if I'd get it running again and ride it. I agreed and have been riding it every season since
IMG_3344.jpg
IMG_3346.jpg
IMG_3351.jpg
, this year he decided to give the bike to me, so I'm the second owner now. I'll be going down and insuring in the next week or so. I told him any time he wants it back it's his. It's truly an awesome machine and takes me back to my 20's every time I ride it.
🙂

I worked with a guy back then that had one or one similar. One morning riding to work he hit one of those cast aluminum bell housing covers from a 4x4 gm truck.

He showed up to work that morning tore up from the floor up!

Robbie's bike is ready for another season.
🙂
1987 Honda Hurricane CBR 600. Robbie passed away in 1991 and his father has kept the bike all these years. He's my neighbor and 5-6 years ago asked if I'd get it running again and ride it. I agreed and have been riding it every season sinceView attachment 94857View attachment 94858View attachment 94859, this year he decided to give the bike to me, so I'm the second owner now. I'll be going down and insuring in the next week or so. I told him any time he wants it back it's his. It's truly an awesome machine and takes me back to my 20's every time I ride it.
🙂
Nice wax job. Tires look fresh and you need them to be fresh. Michelin Pilot Powers work well on my bike.

Nice! What is the smaller bike tucked back in corner?
Looks like a Honda 305. It's also just to the left of the CBR600 in the second photo. Has the black & silver helmet on the seat.

What kind of oil maintenance did the CBR get all these years?
I don't know to be honest, only had 10,000 kms when I took it in to my shop. I never sampled the oil I drained out, but replaced it with a new filter and Shell Rotella 15W40. The oil looked pretty good when I drained it, no sludge or contaminates in the filter. I'll be giving it a service again in a week or so and dumping the oil, now just over 4000 kms on the oil.

Its always nice to see some folks bring an old bike back to life,,,my original Honda 500 Shadow, about 84 or 85 , wish I had for old times sake,,,,omy, but Ive got the wifes old 96 Harley Sportster , still enjoying riding....

Love that bike!! It was my first true "sportbike", and my first "brand new" vehicle, when I was 19. Mom flipped her lid when I came home with it. The combination of 19 and that bike, well, I shouldn't be alive today. Chicks loved it though. They call them the "good old days" because they were!!

Back