Roast my oil brand choice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats up with the Mobil 5000 at the auto parts stores for 10$ a jug? Way less than the Auto Pride or the house brand. Did a change for 13$ in materials the other day.
I’ve seen that stuff before. I noticed it’s a blend and not full synthetic. In my opinion worth the money. I think it’s like their lower tier oil would be my guess.

Not at all, just a ridiculous pancaked thread. But you already knew that before starting
Just trying to have a little fun. Overall, I don't post that much... I'm hardly attention-seeking. But I do see, time and time again, people posting about oil with more "oil is oil" responses anymore... on an oil forum, like someone already responded. Maybe someone with a Tacoma or 3.5L V6 would have replied with some useful info that Toyotas and brand X are a match made in heaven. Then again, maybe the curmudgeons come out.

A bit stuffy in here these days...

Used Valvoline 5W-30 full synth in the past in my Volvo, worked great with minimal oil consumption. Maybe Valvoline in EU is better than US Valvoline, but who knows really.

Thunderfog, your oil choice is fine. I just ordered the same thing for my 2021 Tacoma 3.5L. I used Valvoline in my 2nd gen Tacoma with the 4.0L and it seemed happy with it. Toyota's aren't necessarily picky about oil.

Just trying to have a little fun. Overall, I don't post that much... I'm hardly attention-seeking. But I do see, time and time again, people posting about oil with more "oil is oil" responses anymore... on an oil forum, like someone already responded. Maybe someone with a Tacoma or 3.5L V6 would have replied with some useful info that Toyotas and brand X are a match made in heaven. Then again, maybe the curmudgeons come out.

A bit stuffy in here these days...
Thank you for not posting that much.

I have been using Halvoline's oil in a box in the 5W30 High Mileage variety in my 200K mile Tahoe 5.3L and the oil tests great after 5K. Chose it because the Tahoe wants 5Q and the box has 5Q. Badda bing, badda boom. No more brain power required.

1616652263511.jpg

Roasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back