Roast my oil brand choice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Want Titanium? Then there’s Castrol GTX Magnatec.
Or Castrol Edge:

Molybdenum

Gren-Check-Small.png

Titanium

Gren-Check-Small.png

I’m using it in my Avalon right now, seems fine. Up next...Quaker State...then Shell Rotella Gas Truck...then Pennzoil Platinum. It’s everything I have on the shelf (through rebates). After that? I’m making a brew consisting of various weight Exxon Superflo Ultra Synthetic. Oh, and your mother is a ho (you wanted to be roasted).

Your engine will be happy. You want to roast someone? My buddy changes the oil in his 2012 Pentastar with 5 quarts of Mobil 1 5w30. Which is great. But then he destroys it with a quart of Lucas Oil Stabilizer, which is something somewhere over 100 weight, with no additives.

Whats up with the Mobil 5000 at the auto parts stores for 10$ a jug? Way less than the Auto Pride or the house brand. Did a change for 13$ in materials the other day.

Remember the opening scene from 2001: A Space Odyssey? If you replace the monolith with a bottle of pennzoil you’ll get a close approximation of the level of technical discourse and scientific understanding on this forum.

Such a poor decision. Valvoline is dumb when compared to Castrol Magnatec with its intelligent molecules.

Yes, I know any oil with the certifications required by Toyota for my new Tacoma will be fine. But this is an oil forum, right?

I was a Kendall user for a while just to be different, and while I’m sure it’s still a fine oil, losing their signature titanium left me looking for another choice since it’s a little pricier.

I based the choice largely on reputation, price, and availability.

The winner?? Valvoline Advanced Synthetic 0w-20. I think I’m mostly just interested in seeing how the new-ish formula works out. I’ll be doing somewhere in the area of 7-8k mile oil changes, and there was a UOA on here of a Subaru that went 9k miles with a good report on the D4S engine. It’s also reasonably cheap. If it was more available, I may have gone with PUP, but that’s pricier as well, and I also wondered if I should go completely the other direction and just go with the Costco brand. Once I do the first oil change, I’m not likely to switch going forward, and VAS seems like a good compromise of it all.

Roast away!
ROAST ?

1616459264124.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back