Roast my oil brand choice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I know any oil with the certifications required by Toyota for my new Tacoma will be fine. But this is an oil forum, right?

I was a Kendall user for a while just to be different, and while I’m sure it’s still a fine oil, losing their signature titanium left me looking for another choice since it’s a little pricier.

I based the choice largely on reputation, price, and availability.

The winner?? Valvoline Advanced Synthetic 0w-20. I think I’m mostly just interested in seeing how the new-ish formula works out. I’ll be doing somewhere in the area of 7-8k mile oil changes, and there was a UOA on here of a Subaru that went 9k miles with a good report on the D4S engine. It’s also reasonably cheap. If it was more available, I may have gone with PUP, but that’s pricier as well, and I also wondered if I should go completely the other direction and just go with the Costco brand. Once I do the first oil change, I’m not likely to switch going forward, and VAS seems like a good compromise of it all.

Roast away!

Could have at least used a company that refines their own base oil!

But in reality I'm sure it will serve you well. Valvoline is a reputable company with a history of quality products. Also you hit the nail on the head with "any oil meeting certifications will do fine."

Not sure why anyone could find a reason to roast that choice. You'll probably start finding it on sale shortly, because Valvoline has re-branded that particular oil. Keep your eyes peeled for that, and drive happy.

Attachments

• Valvoline.JPG
    Valvoline.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 37
Yes, I know any oil with the certifications required by Toyota for my new Tacoma will be fine. But this is an oil forum, right?

I was a Kendall user for a while just to be different, and while I’m sure it’s still a fine oil, losing their signature titanium left me looking for another choice since it’s a little pricier.

The winner?? Valvoline Advanced Synthetic 0w-20. I think I’m mostly just interested in seeing how the new-ish formula works out. I’ll be doing somewhere in the area of 7-8k mile oil changes, and there was a UOA on here of a Subaru that went 9k miles with a good report on the D4S engine. It’s also reasonably cheap. If it was more available, I may have gone with PUP, but that’s pricier as well, and I also wondered if I should go completely the other direction and just go with the Costco brand. Once I do the first oil change, I’m not likely to switch going forward, and VAS seems like a good compromise of it all.

Roast away!
I can speak for myself. Valvoline is a good oil. Even AutoMechanic says so so it’s good enough for me 👍🍺🇺🇸🇨🇦

Roast away!
................................k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back