Roadranger FE 75w-90

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where can a regular guy buy approx 2 gallons of this stuff? I really like the spec sheet on it and would suite my needs quite well. The only thinner 75-90 I've found is Valv Synpower. However the Roadranger Flash point is about 100*F higher.

Just about any heavy truck dealer, they all have Eaton products.

Kenworth and Peterbilt use it as factory fill, I'd phone around to see who will sell it to you cheapest.

Originally Posted By: 4x4taco
10-4 good buddy. thanks for the bit of info.

Dear lord, don't use that '70s CB terminology with someone in the business today. It has taken on a whole other meaning in the years since. To the more, er, intolerant, it could even result in someone looking for a dentist. If you get my gist...

Just about any medium- & heavy-duty truck dealer is a potential source. You can also find suppliers at HDA Parts Network - Distributor Search. You might also want to take a look at TruckPro - America's Heavy Duty Professionals, they are a major chain that happens to have locations in Florida.

Cheers

haha. I know bud. I've beeen CB etique-ed over the years. I used it b/c of the big rig angle. I always mind my P's & Q's on the 11 meter 27Mhz. I'm usually one of the more sane guys.

The Road ranger FE is manufactured by cognins or something. I found a KEnny and Peter parts house locally. call them on lunch break. and there also is a truck pro location locally. That Gear oil has great pour, flash and Visc specs and meets a [censored] load of manfg specs. But it has to be priced somewhat decent. If it's a crazy amount froget it, but some of this HD stuff is priced very well unlike the over advertised Consumer market.

My current truck is running Dino straight 90wt factory fill. It has 9k miles on it and looks like liquid tar. Which is normal for breaking in gears. Looking for a good Fuel econo minded 75-90 syn that can handle the Off-road and towing. b/c it's my DD and weekend warrior. I put more faith in the Big rig specs b/c you know it works. vs some consumer advertised [censored]. In my old diesel i ran any 15-40 dino that meet the mack spec. Sold the truck saved a lot of money and never had engine issues.

Last edited:
All of the Road Ranger fluids are advertised as PAO based, and meant for extremely long drains in their applications.

I definitely trust the HD truck stuff more, too.

called around, nobody has it. called a kenny parts dept and peterbilt dept. and truck pro. Truck pro is pushing Citgo Mystik, Peterbilt was pushing Mobil Delvac Syn.... I called the # on the Road ranger website and they gave me a # to a dist who took my info down and will email me the pricing and availability. Wow. what a PITA. I'll give them a few days to email me, if not Next time I'm out probly picking up Mobil 1 for $8.99/qt locally and calling it good. Amazing how many products are made, but not available.

Last edited:
10-4. Will call another truck shop and ask what the ordering price tag is.

Ok forget it. I called over 12 HD truck shops in the area yesterday. only 1 said he's gonna try and order it. Never called me back to confirm price/availability. Screw it... way to hard to get some of these HD truck products. Especially when he said he'd have to order 4x 1gal containers. Forget that. M1 is cheapest fully syn, and has to be better than OEM 90wt dino factory fill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back