Road Law you exploit people breaking, and one that hurts...

Then they should either make the light a no turn on red or not have paved the shoulder wide enough to accommodate a whole vehicle.
So when somebody actually follows the law and turns correctly , right into the path of the *****ead driving on the shoulder ...

So when somebody actually follows the law and turns correctly , right into the path of the ******** driving on the shoulder ...

Yes, that's a dangerous situation.

A lot of times, when traffic builds up, you have to watch, somebody usually comes flying the shoulder.

First one. Around here, a school bus on a divided 4 lane highway only requires folks on the same side to stop for the flashing lights, the folks in the opposing lanes don't need to stop. Yet there are folks in the opposing lanes who will stop for the school bus anyway, so I (and many others) fly by them while they shoot dirty looks at us.

I've learned that if there's a power failure or malfunctioning traffic light at a major intersection, I try to avoid them like the plague. A shocking number of folks seem to forget to treat it as a 4 way stop and they don't stop at all. It's still chaos among the ones who do stop.

Best one I had years ago, road construction on I-35 Northbound. Down to a creep and one lane. Quite a few cars started to pass on the RH shoulder to get ahead, then expected someone to let them back in traffic when it ended.

Some dude pulled on the shoulder and started matching my speed, blocking them from passing. I looked over, we smiled after I saw what he was doing and gave him a (y)

Matched his speed and kept a space open for him in front of me, when the traffic would merge. A good day was had by us both. Now you would probably get shot or road raged.

Legal to make the right on red after a full stop. Most folks use the right on red as excuse for turning without a stop like it is a yield sign.
This is one of the most common causes of bicycle and pedestrian deaths. My Mom was almost killed by a Florida idiot that did this when all ways were stopped for pedestrian crossing.

Back