Rivian plant has bedbug problem!

Was the Rivian factory previously a Mattress Discounters?
There is no reason to believe that a bedbug infestation has been in the plant, going all the way back to when the building was owned by Mitsubishi. I visited MMNA a number of times, and had a good working relationship with many that worked there. There was never any talk of anything like this.

It is easy to see how a single Rivian employee could have unintentionally brought bedbugs from home, and they migrated to a forklift that he/she operate. I don't see how this is news, though.

https://jalopnik.com/rivian-assembly-plant-bedbug-outbreak-reported-1849860840

Bedbugs Have Reportedly Been Found at a Rivian Assembly Plant​

The comments on that page is hilarious. Look what one of them found in one of the lots:

There is no reason to believe that a bedbug infestation has been in the plant, going all the way back to when the building was owned by Mitsubishi. I visited MMNA a number of times, and had a good working relationship with many that worked there. There was never any talk of anything like this.

It is easy to see how a single Rivian employee could have unintentionally brought bedbugs from home, and they migrated to a forklift that he/she operate. I don't see how this is news, though.

That plant was super clean when I toured it during MOD in 2015.

Could I possibly have been joking? And they totally hushed up the bug infestation!

Reactions: Pew

I remember seeing this several years ago, after doing a Google Maps view of the plant, shortly after MMNA closed shop. Having visited the plant and knowing people that worked there, seeing this was partly funny, partly sad. Somewhat clever of whoever thought of it, to put something together that would only ever be seen from the sky, or on Google Maps.

Reactions: Pew
I rode in my little brothers Rivian and to my surprise no bedbugs were brought home!

Attachments

• EgFW4tYpScCfbKGMEQXC7Q.jpg
    EgFW4tYpScCfbKGMEQXC7Q.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 12
Back