River cruises in the USA

Has anyone taken a river cruise in the US? Wife and I found a deal for the Mississippi (which we know has water level problems) on board a large paddle boat called the American Queen. Have only been on ocean cruises till now.

I've never found a budget priced one as those are premium but I'd like to. But if it's a good price then enjoy the new experience. River cruises are an acquired taste. I'm getting older and appreciate just sitting in a library reading on a cruise more than the other fun things the younger people do. Carnival has the worst libraries in my experience, better off reading anywhere else. Loved Norwegians libraries though.

Those river cruises are more than a cruise to Alaska on a major line. It was actually unreal what they cost.

I guess it pays to live within a few hours of Galveston, we can go to the Mexican caribbean for 5 nights for under $1000 every time.

Those river cruises are more than a cruise to Alaska on a major line. It was actually unreal what they cost.

I guess it pays to live within a few hours of Galveston, we can go to the Mexican caribbean for 5 nights for under $1000 every time.
Two totally different types of cruises. As I am in Florida the Caribbean cruise mean less to me. I would also be curious as to on what cruise line you can do what you say for 1K.

Back