Rislone works!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, rake me over the coals all you want. I put a quart in my pops 200,000 mile 98 Blazer before he left on a long trip. The truck has a decent rear crank seal leak and usually would have consumed at least 3/4 of a quart on a trip like this. Just checked the oil; right where it was before he left. The truck also got 24 mpg
shocked.gif
I dunno if the seal got cleaned or the ring packs got cleaned out or what, but whatever happened is good.
cheers.gif
I can't wait for the "harsh solvent will kill your engine" statements to follow.
coffee.gif

Well, they can....
laugh.gif

Before I knew about arx, I would have been right there with you, as evidenced by the fact that every other word I typed on here used to be B-12 Chemtool. I'm a tad more cautious with my SAABs, though. Of course, I don't plan on letting any future car get into a sorry state in the first place....It'll be maint. doses for me. But if I had an old beater, yeah, I'd probably buy something far harsher than Rislone.

Drew

I seem to have more success with the quart bottle than the half-quart concentrate.

In my old beater Caravan, I rotate my supplement bottles. One OCI I'll use Rislone - next I'll use 16oz of Marvel Mystery Oil - last I'll use LC20. Hasn't helped consumption much, but I'll bet I have the cleanest & quietest 2.5 Mitsubishi engine around.

I don't think Rislone is all that harsh, it is made to be used on every fill, rather than just a one time cleaner. I question the quantity they give you, an entire quart seems like alot to me, for reglar maintenance doses I'd probably use 1/2 or 1/4 that amount, but either way I don't think it's a harsh additive. I know people who have used it for years without complaint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back