Rislone Concentrate in a Turbo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
None of their marketing info says yes or no that I can find. I was planning to give it a try in a Saab 9-5 with the 2.3L.

If its all sludges up, diesel/kero would clean quicker.
It also claims to lubricate but your ol does tha anyway..

I think it's a solution in need of a problem

Nothing particularly wrong. These engines used to sludge, and I'd like to stay on top of things.

One should only use it as an engine flush, I.E, for a very short period of time.

Viscosity wise it is about a 10W20 so if you have a small sump, it could thin your oil.

For a turbo any flush is questionable.

Recommend you use shorter oil change intervals with a good synthetic.

Last edited:
M1 0w-40

Used oil analysis to determine interval start at 5000 miles,test,follow labs instructions from there.
As stick with that oil forever so the used oil analysis is relevant big you use a different brand and grade oil you'd have to re-establish your intervals again.

That is all.

Originally Posted By: Clevy
M1 0w-40

Used oil analysis to determine interval start at 5000 miles,test,follow labs instructions from there.
As stick with that oil forever so the used oil analysis is relevant big you use a different brand and grade oil you'd have to re-establish your intervals again.

That is all.

Those are two good products Mobil 1 0w40 and Rislone.

As far as the uoa, one thing to remember is if the oil company decides to tweak or reformulate the oil you plan on using forever that might have an impact on your data established from the uoa report. Just something to keep tucked away in the back of your head.-RD

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
One should only use it as an engine flush, I.E, for a very short period of time.

Viscosity wise it is about a 10W20 so if you have a small sump, it could thin your oil.

For a turbo any flush is questionable.

Recommend you use shorter oil change intervals with a good synthetic.

That goes directly against the manufacturer's recommendations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back